AMD Fenghuang APU Specs

Status
Not open for further replies.

ericlp

Diamond Member
Dec 24, 2000
Quad Core Zen Custom SOC With Vega 24 On-Chip Graphics – First PCB Shots Revealed, 8 GB of GDDR5 Memory.

https://wccftech.com/amd-zen-vega-semi-custom-soc-powers-gaming-consoles/

GDDR5... Well, that's very interesting.

The new semi-custom SOC could be seen as Raven Ridge on steroids as it is essentially an uber packed design, powered by both Zen CPU and Vega GPU architectures. In terms of performance, we are expecting products based on this SOC to be faster than Xbox One and PS4 consoles while delivering optimized performance for Radeon graphics.

Funny, that China is getting the tech first. I wonder if this will be the new norm.

Repost.

AT Moderator ElFenix

Last edited by a moderator:

wahdangun

Golden Member
Feb 3, 2011
It's same concept as Xbox one x and PS4/pro.

It's gonna be interesting to bench the impact of high bandwidth, high latency of gddr5 for system ram, but if it's have more cache it won't effect much.

Dribble

Platinum Member
Aug 9, 2005
I am still to see any real difference between Vega and Polaris other then one has HBM. As far as I can tell they are near identical GCN to all intensive purposes, in which case how can this be Vega if it doesn't have HBM?

Glo.

Diamond Member
Apr 25, 2015
This is not Fenghuang Raven SOC.

Fenghuang has 28 CUs and HBM2 on the package.

lefty2

May 15, 2013
It's same concept as Xbox one x and PS4/pro.

It's gonna be interesting to bench the impact of high bandwidth, high latency of gddr5 for system ram, but if it's have more cache it won't effect much.
DDR4 has the same latency as GDDR5

Status
Not open for further replies.