AMD CrossFireX Performance Temporary Fix for TeS V: Skyrim

RavenSEAL

Diamond Member
Jan 4, 2010
AMD CrossFireX Temporary Fix​

Thanks to hawtdawg for the tip!
Skyrim crossfire runs great with the Oblivion profile forced from Radeonpro, which makes me wonder why they dont just slap the default oblivion profile in a CAP for skyrim, and then improve it later.

Download RadeonPro from here and complete installation

VirusTotal Scan here

Open the RadeonPro and follow these steps!

0ab82d76.jpg

1.jpg

Click Next

2.jpg

Click Next

3.jpg

Click Next

4.jpg

Click Next

5.jpg

After you have done this, you can simply hit next until you finish the wizard.

If you did it correctly, your end result should look something like this:

6.jpg

If it doesn't, run the wizard again.

The tweak isn't perfect, but it resulted in a noticeable difference in my system. And if done correctly, you can expect a decent performance boost until AMD releases the official CAPs.

Feb 19, 2009
There's also a .dll on [H] forum that fixes the scaling problem, since in the Skyrim folder its got atimgpud.dll thats apparently out of date..

Skyrim scales incredible with CPU speed as well, even 2600k at 4ghz vs 5ghz there's still linear scaling its nuts.

TakeNoPrisoners

Platinum Member
Jun 3, 2011
There's also a .dll on [H] forum that fixes the scaling problem, since in the Skyrim folder its got atimgpud.dll thats apparently out of date..

Skyrim scales incredible with CPU speed as well, even 2600k at 4ghz vs 5ghz there's still linear scaling its nuts.

The reason it scales so well is because it only uses 2 CPU cores. If it used more then 2 it would stop scaling with clock speed at some point.

Link

mingsoup

Golden Member
May 17, 2006
Whiterun in town, particularly the tree area, is the hardest part of the game for me. On Ultra I dip into what seems like the teens.

i5-750 @ 4.2Ghz
2x6970's
Ultra. 8AF0AA
I guess my bottleneck is CPU like everyone else. I wonder if crossfire will clear this up for me.

Leyawiin

Diamond Member
Nov 11, 2008

That's that console port mechanics rearing its ugly head. Work is geared towards the processor since console GPUs are so crap. Basically, a mid grade GPU paired with a very strong CPU mimics the console relationship.