Question ** AMD B550 Board Suggestion/Help **

ttechf

Jun 11, 2012
Hi, I am soon going to buy either the Ryzen 3700X or upcoming 4700G and I need some help/suggestions on a good motherboard that doesn't break the bank. I would like bluetooth and WiFi built into the board. Makes life easier. Not sure if there is a huge difference between AC or AX and WiFi 5 and WiFi 6. Standard ATX as well. Just would like to know what my options are.

Thanks a lot!

Rigg

May 6, 2020
Hi, I am soon going to buy either the Ryzen 3700X or upcoming 4700G and I need some help/suggestions on a good motherboard that doesn't break the bank. I would like bluetooth and WiFi built into the board. Makes life easier. Not sure if there is a huge difference between AC or AX and WiFi 5 and WiFi 6. Standard ATX as well. Just would like to know what my options are.

Thanks a lot!
There is a rather significant range of B550 motherboard prices and quite a bit of price overlap with X570. There are a lot of 500 series ATX boards with WiFi. If you want a good recommendation a more specific price range would be helpful. "Doesn't break the bank" is relative to your bank account.

B550 is kind of tough to recommend in general at this time. This may change as B550 (hopefully) comes down in price after it has been out for a while. IMHO $200 and below x570 has more compelling options currently. The entry level B550 options are total meh in terms of value. The mid-range to high-end B550 options face strong competition from X570 in their respective price tiers. Irrespective of that, it's kind of hard to shop for AM4 motherboards right now because of supply chain issues.

Given the current supply chain issues, and looming fall zen 3 launch, I have been recommending that people wait a few months to build or upgrade IF possible.