AMD/ATI GPU Musical Chairs

sangyup81

Golden Member
Feb 22, 2005
Anyone else having reliability issues with POEM and WCG? I'd end up with no workunits for hours at a time so I added Einstein for my 5770/6770 cards and Milkyway for my 4770s

Sunny129

Diamond Member
Nov 14, 2000
i pulled off of POEM about a month ago, just before the work shortage happened. so i can't comment on how my hosts might react to the current situation server-side. that said, i have been loosely following THIS THREAD on the POEM boards, which seems to indicate that the original problem was a work shortage, and that some other issues have cropped up n the process of solving the original problem...

sangyup81

Golden Member
Feb 22, 2005
WCG was out of HCC-work for a few days but should now be up and running again.

Thanks Rattledagger. I started getting WUs again and it looks like they came in this morning. I wonder if they're overwhelmed by too many new users or if the project is starting to wind down

sangyup81

Golden Member
Feb 22, 2005
i pulled off of POEM about a month ago, just before the work shortage happened. so i can't comment on how my hosts might react to the current situation server-side. that said, i have been loosely following THIS THREAD on the POEM boards, which seems to indicate that the original problem was a work shortage, and that some other issues have cropped up n the process of solving the original problem...

Sunny, I took a quick skim through that thread. I guess OPEN CL is too successful!

Kiska

Golden Member
Apr 4, 2012
Thanks Rattledagger. I started getting WUs again and it looks like they came in this morning. I wonder if they're overwhelmed by too many new users or if the project is starting to wind down

They were overwhelmed by the race now getting WU as well