AMD announces Never Settle Reloaded bundle

Page 9 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Termie

Diamond Member
Aug 17, 2005
www.techbuyersguru.com
No one is showing the ultimate bundle for dual 7970's that I can find. I added to my newegg cart, and it was giving me two codes for Crysis 3 and Bioshock. Does anyone have a link to the ultimate bundle?

I pointed out this problem a week ago. As far as I've seen, there is no way to get that bundle. It could be that Newegg would pick it up after the order, but maybe you should just call them to confirm before buying anything.

james1701

Golden Member
Sep 14, 2007
I went ahead and pulled the trigger on 2 7970's. They had a good deal on the Gigabyte GHZ card for 429 and free shipping and no tax for me. Worst case, I have the two games, and I can use the other 2 coupons for my son. It's still a win win for me.

I just don't get how Newegg calls the coupon is worth 169 with the 2 games. Unless they are for digital deluxe editions that Origin is selling Crysis for 79 for.

Grooveriding

Diamond Member
Dec 25, 2008
I went ahead and pulled the trigger on 2 7970's. They had a good deal on the Gigabyte GHZ card for 429 and free shipping and no tax for me. Worst case, I have the two games, and I can use the other 2 coupons for my son. It's still a win win for me.

I just don't get how Newegg calls the coupon is worth 169 with the 2 games. Unless they are for digital deluxe editions that Origin is selling Crysis for 79 for.

They do that so if you return the card after using the code they will only refund you the purchase price minus the value they put on the codes.

It's a way to stop people from scamming free games and returning the video card. I remember you used to get your free games packaged right into the box, like I got Doom 3 inside my 6800GT's box and HL2 in my ATI card's box. They probably had so many people buying cards and returning them to get the game for free that they do it this way now.

3DVagabond

Lifer
Aug 10, 2009
I pointed out this problem a week ago. As far as I've seen, there is no way to get that bundle. It could be that Newegg would pick it up after the order, but maybe you should just call them to confirm before buying anything.

Too easy. ;)

RussianSensation

Elite Member
Sep 5, 2003
Just don't scratch the game coupons for 30 days if you are very worried about having issues with the card. This way you could still get a refund and go NV, etc. If you scratch the coupon you could still RMA for the same card. I think that's how it works.

That would be pretty disappointing if this deal doesn't actually work in North America. Did anyone get 6 free games with their dual 7900 cards?

Last edited:

RussianSensation

Elite Member
Sep 5, 2003
So to be clear, there is a physical coupon that you enter correct? I just did a pickup at NCIX US branch.

The girl who assisted swore up and down there is no coupon. I'm going to be PISSED if I don't get it.

Purchasing from them for what should have been a simple pick up has been the worse experience I've had with an internet vendor.

If the coupon isn't showing on the purchase page, it doesn't come with the card.

For example, MSI TF3 7950 = no bundle deal
http://us.ncix.com/products/?sku=70088&vpn=R7950 Twin Frozr 3GD5/OC&manufacture=MSI/MicroStar

Other cards like the Gigabyte 7950 show the coupon deal and the coupon is added to the cart when you Add to Shopping Cart.

Accord99

Platinum Member
Jul 2, 2001
That would be pretty disappointing if this deal doesn't actually work in North America. Did anyone get 6 free games with their dual 7900 cards?
I was interested in this also, but from my research, it's only North American system sellers like Falcon NW that are offering the Crossfire 6 game bundle.

james1701

Golden Member
Sep 14, 2007
They showed up with 2 Crysis 3 and Bioshock keys. That's ok, its still a good deal now that I don't need to buy them for my son, and he gets my 5870's for his 1080P screen. That saved me almost $250.00 with tax, so it was smoking hot deal for me.

I got my Crysis 3 keep as soon as I put in the key to AMD.

dagamer34

Platinum Member
Aug 15, 2005
Anyone know how long it takes for Amazon to e-mail the AMD Unique ID after buying a card? I bought mine yesterday and am getting a little worried.

KevinH

Diamond Member
Nov 19, 2000
If the coupon isn't showing on the purchase page, it doesn't come with the card.

For example, MSI TF3 7950 = no bundle deal
http://us.ncix.com/products/?sku=70088&vpn=R7950 Twin Frozr 3GD5/OC&manufacture=MSI/MicroStar

Other cards like the Gigabyte 7950 show the coupon deal and the coupon is added to the cart when you Add to Shopping Cart.

Nah, I already posted a follow-up a few days ago. I'm aware not all cards include the bundle...

NCIX emails the code itself. I've already purchased two cards from them since that original post. Both times they emailed me the code. At least the US office is.

psolord

Golden Member
Sep 16, 2009
Is there any other way to get the Reloaded bundle or do we have to rely on the retailer?

I mean can't we just use are serial numbers on AMD site or something?

Most retailers in my country are still trying to get to the bottom of this. Still waiting the main importers to inform them and so on.

Problem is, I am ready to buy my 7950 cfx damn it! :p

zephyrprime

Diamond Member
Feb 18, 2001
Just don't scratch the game coupons for 30 days if you are very worried about having issues with the card. This way you could still get a refund and go NV, etc. If you scratch the coupon you could still RMA for the same card. I think that's how it works.
I bought the 7850 from NCIX and they sent me the code in an email as soon as they shipped the item. There was no scratch off card that I ever received in the package which I received a few days later.

dagamer34

Platinum Member
Aug 15, 2005
Finally got the code via email. Guess I should play around with it on my 6950 before my 7970 arrives today. :)

Deaks2

Oct 6, 2006
Just an update. It is still pretty much impossible to get the 6 game Crossfire bundle in Canada and the USA :(