AMD 5000 black on sale at Newegg

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

isekii

Lifer
Mar 16, 2001
yea I made an error.

I forgot to add the bundle.

I had it clicked but hit the wrong add to cart.. so i only had the CPU added.
I cancelled, I'm going to reorder.

freshspace

Mar 23, 2002
Originally posted by: ibfishing
Ya, I second Lucasorion. The GIGABYTE GA-MA78GM-S2H AMD 780G looks good.

This is a micro ATX board. Any limitation with that? I would like a full ATX board. Will all 780 chipset mobos perform similarly?

freshspace

Mar 23, 2002
Originally posted by: Mitch101
Get it with 2 gigs of G.Skill ram for $81.99

Where is this deal? I can't find the combo with the memory. Did Newegg take it down?

There are so many other combos with a mobo. Which combo will be good to OC?

SunnyD

Belgian Waffler
Jan 2, 2001
www.neftastic.com
Friggin NY State and their dumbass sales tax law. Moreso, why the hell is Newegg charging sales tax in NYS? They have no "affiliates" here...

freshspace

Mar 23, 2002
Originally posted by: Bigbassfrank
Originally posted by: Mitch101
Get it with 2 gigs of G.Skill ram for $81.99

In for 1 ..

nice deal with Ram and CPU..IMHO.

BBF

The only deal I see with the chip and G.Skill 2 gig combo comes up as $116.98?! How are you guys getting the $81.99 price?

msi1337

Diamond Member
Apr 16, 2003
Originally posted by: SunnyD
Friggin NY State and their dumbass sales tax law. Moreso, why the hell is Newegg charging sales tax in NYS? They have no "affiliates" here...

from NewEgg.com
Newegg.com charges the appropriate state and/or local sales tax rate is charged for any order shipping to these three states California, New Jersey, New York, and Tennessee. Sales tax for cell phone orders shipping to CA and TN are calculated before any instant savings are applied.

SunnyD

Belgian Waffler
Jan 2, 2001
www.neftastic.com
Originally posted by: msi1337

from NewEgg.com
Newegg.com charges the appropriate state and/or local sales tax rate is charged for any order shipping to these three states California, New Jersey, New York, and Tennessee. Sales tax for cell phone orders shipping to CA and TN are calculated before any instant savings are applied.

Which is ONLY in response to NYS's new Amazon tax law that went into effect June 1st. Before June 1, there was no sales tax on NYS residents from Newegg.

Rockinacoustic

Platinum Member
Aug 19, 2006
Originally posted by: freshspace
Originally posted by: SirJangly
Deals dead afaik

Thanks for the confirmation. What is an "afaik," by the way?

"As far as I know"

The processor is still a hot deal by itself for $72, but you can probably snag some good DDR2 for $20 after rebate elsewhere (Fry's, Newegg). If I had the money to put into a new system I would have bit on the combo myself.

Doomer

Diamond Member
Dec 5, 1999
More often than not, I fail to react fast enough and miss out on the deal. This time I pounced in time. :)

Rockinacoustic

Platinum Member
Aug 19, 2006
They're now offering the processor with a free Thermaltake Soprano Case (Here) under combos. Might be hotter than the Free RAM Combo prior :thumbsup:

DarkManX4lf

Jan 24, 2006

from NewEgg.com

Which is ONLY in response to NYS's new Amazon tax law that went into effect June 1st. Before June 1, there was no sales tax on NYS residents from Newegg.

Damn newegg and their NY sales tax...

Zap

Elite Member
Oct 13, 1999
Originally posted by: Rockinacoustic
They're now offering the processor with a free Thermaltake Soprano Case (Here) under combos. Might be hotter than the Free RAM Combo prior :thumbsup:

Still have to pay around $17+ shipping, but otherwise not bad.

msi1337

Diamond Member
Apr 16, 2003
did I miss something?

does Black edition mean "no heatsink"?

I got it in the mail today, and it was without hsf...so now I have to wait to finish my wife's new pc till later this week.

Mloot

Diamond Member
Aug 24, 2002
Hmm, I thought that if it was a retail CPU then it should come with a HSF. I've been on the fence about this one, but if it doesn't come with a HSF, then it's not as good a deal as I was thinking it was.

msi1337

Diamond Member
Apr 16, 2003
Originally posted by: Mloot
Hmm, I thought that if it was a retail CPU then it should come with a HSF. I've been on the fence about this one, but if it doesn't come with a HSF, then it's not as good a deal as I was thinking it was.

yes, I guess I assumed that as well. It is retail box, but if you look under specs on Newegg, it says processor only.

I got it for $67 shipped..so I dont feel too bad about it, but if I had known I would have just gotten the 4600+ instead.

jiffer

Sep 14, 2007
Yes, that is what it means (among other things).

You don't want a crummy stock CPU cooler with a processor like that, anyway, right? :)

msi1337

Diamond Member
Apr 16, 2003
Originally posted by: jiffer
Yes, that is what it means (among other things).

You don't want a crummy stock CPU cooler with a processor like that, anyway, right? :)

not really.. I ordered a freezer 64 for it