Question AMD 3020e clock readings

Zepp

May 18, 2019
I bought a cheap 14" Acer Aspire for light home use and travel.

while getting it setup I was monitoring core usage, temps, clock activity, ect

The latest CPUZ, HWinfo64 and MSI afterburner all show very odd clock readings. base clock is shown as 25Mhz and core clocks under light activity are around 400-600Mhz never getting much higher.

Only Windows task manager shows what appears to be accurate clocks in the 1.5Ghz to 2.6Ghz range.

any idea why this is the case or if there is any other monitoring software that would show clocks accurately?

Ryzen Master is not compatible.

also, the machine is updated to the latest available BIOS

Insert_Nickname

Diamond Member
May 6, 2012
The BIOS had options for SVM and IOMMU if I recall correctly and I disabled them both.

No reason to disable those. Anyway it's a Windows setting named Core Isolation. Just do a search for that in the start menu, and it should pop right up. You can also check quickly with HWInfo if "Hypervisor-protected Code Integrity (HVCI)" is enabled/disabled. Unless you have specific need for the extra security, better to disable it. You get a small performance benefit.

burninatortech4

Jan 29, 2014
Unrelated to your original question - How is the performance of the 3020e? I have a 3015e 11" netbook on order (also for travel) and it would be cool to get your impression.

Zepp

May 18, 2019
No reason to disable those. Anyway it's a Windows setting named Core Isolation. Just do a search for that in the start menu, and it should pop right up. You can also check quickly with HWInfo if "Hypervisor-protected Code Integrity (HVCI)" is enabled/disabled. Unless you have specific need for the extra security, better to disable it. You get a small performance benefit.
I see, in windows search Core Isolation takes me to "Page not Available" and HWinfo shows HVCI greyed out 'disabled'

Unrelated to your original question - How is the performance of the 3020e? I have a 3015e 11" netbook on order (also for travel) and it would be cool to get your impression.

for a machine that will do little more than watch streams through a browser it's perfectly adequate. I'm surprised how well it performs considering the specs. My machine is even hobbled with a single RAM stick, no 2nd dim slot available.
It's also silent, I've only ever heard the fan spin up when poking around in BIOS

burninatortech4

Jan 29, 2014
I see, in windows search Core Isolation takes me to "Page not Available" and HWinfo shows HVCI greyed out 'disabled'

for a machine that will do little more than watch streams through a browser it's perfectly adequate. I'm surprised how well it performs considering the specs. My machine is even hobbled with a single RAM stick, no 2nd dim slot available.
It's also silent, I've only ever heard the fan spin up when poking around in BIOS

3020e is technically capable of dual channel but I've only seen designs so far with a single DIMM. 3015 has a busted IMC and is single channel (and 1600mhz DDR4) locked.