AMD 12.11 beta 7 drivers are up

Status
Not open for further replies.

nforce4max

Oct 5, 2012
LoL XD

AMD needs to hire a third party to at least help with some of the driver development while allowing some of the source code out into hands of the general community for homebrew stuff. That would dramatically change AMD's situation drivers wise.

hjalti8

Apr 9, 2012
LoL XD

AMD needs to hire a third party to at least help with some of the driver development while allowing some of the source code out into hands of the general community for homebrew stuff. That would dramatically change AMD's situation drivers wise.

something wrong with their drivers?

monster88

Oct 30, 2012
LoL XD

That would dramatically change AMD's situation drivers wise.

right now, AMD drivers >>> nvidia drivers.....

they have been on a roll. are you living under a rock or are the fan boy goggles blinding you from seeing the truth? just asking....:cool:

Jul 29, 2012
right now, AMD drivers >>> nvidia drivers.....

they have been on a roll. are you living under a rock or are the fan boy goggles blinding you from seeing the truth? just asking....:cool:

Are you living under a rock? It took them almost a year after the 7000 series came out.

Do you think this is good for the company?

Greenlepricon

Aug 1, 2012
Are you living under a rock? It took them almost a year after the 7000 series came out.

Do you think this is good for the company?

Except they had no competition for half that with ridiculous prices. If it took them six months for the fixes no one would have minded. A year is stretching it but the drivers definitely didn't hurt at all.

Skurge

Diamond Member
Aug 17, 2009
So apparently the drivers should have been optimised from day 1, just like all other graphics cards from the past.... oh wait.

DiogoDX

Oct 11, 2012
The difference is support for COD BO2:

Additional update found in AMD Catalyst 12.11 Beta7

Call of Duty Black Ops 2: AMD CrossFire performance has been improved in the AMD Catalyst 12.11 Beta7 release (especially at higher resolutions – such as 2560x1600)
Please note that AMD Catalyst 12.11 Beta 7 includes all of the fixes found in previous versions of AMD Catalyst 12.11 Beta

http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pages/AMDCatalyst1211betadriver.aspx

Final8ty

Golden Member
Jun 13, 2007
Beta 8 on its way:
  • Improves CrossFire scaling for Planetside 2
  • Improves performance up to 5% in Max Payne 3
  • Includes single GPU performance updates for Far Cry 3
  • Resolves the Skyrim lighting issue (missing a lighting pass) for the AMD Radeon HD 7900 Series [secondary problem from b7 fix]
  • Resolves the hang encountered playing Dishonored on the AMD Radeon HD 6000 and AMD Radeon HD 5000 Series
  • AMD Catalyst 12.11 CAP1 (should be used in conjunction with AMD Catalyst 12.11 Beta8)
  • Max Payne 3 (DX9): Resolves light reflection corruption in single GPU mode
  • Far Cry 3: Improves CrossFire performance
  • Hitman Absolution: Improves Anti-Aliasing performance for single GPU configurations
  • Sniper Elite 2 – Resolves the flickering encountered when pressing Alt + Enter in CrossFire configurations
  • Crysis 3: Improves CrossFire performance and fixes corruption
  • Devil May Cry 5: Improves CrossFire performance
  • WarFrame: Improves CrossFire performance
  • Carrier Command: Gaea Mission: Resolves single GPU corruption when enabling Anti-Aliasing through the Catalyst Control Center
  • AMD Catalyst 12.11 Beta 8 for Linux includes significant performance improvements for Left for Dead 2
http://www.overclock.net/t/1318756/amd-12-11-beta-drivers/690#post_18613902

Last edited:

HurleyBird

Platinum Member
Apr 22, 2003
Maybe the driver team has seen the writing on the wall and is working extra hours to keep from getting touched in the coming layoffs?

Rvenger

Elite Member <br> Super Moderator <br> Video Cards
Apr 6, 2004
Well, they got their butts in gear so they can spread the good word that AMD drivers are good now. I think its too late but hopefully the market will take this positively and reward with good 4th quarter profits.

MTDEW

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 1999
AMD 12.11 Beta Drivers 8
Creating profiles seems to be broken in these and there is a test10454.exe profile AMD seems to have missed that cannot be deleted.
Other than that, they seem to run fine.
But I didn't test long since i need my profiles working. ;)
Probably an easy fix and hoping for the next version shortly.

Final8ty

Golden Member
Jun 13, 2007
AMD 12.11 Beta Drivers 8

Creating profiles seems to be broken in these and there is a test10454.exe profile AMD seems to have missed that cannot be deleted.
Other than that, they seem to run fine.
But I didn't test long since i need my profiles working. ;)
Probably an easy fix and hoping for the next version shortly.

I cannot comment on anything compute-related, as I don't actively follow those driver threads internally.

As for the issues people are encountering with the CAP, we found a bug that causes the 12.11CAP1 installer to fail on some systems. We're just going to bake those fixes into a new beta driver and get it posted for people (beta9). You'll be able to install it right over the top. Stay tuned.

There will be a fixed CAP, but it will come after the new beta.

http://www.overclock.net/t/1318756/amd-12-11-beta-drivers/720#post_18619279

Last edited:

CKTurbo128

Platinum Member
May 8, 2002
Does anyone know if the Netflix app for Windows 8 runs on these drivers? It runs fine on the last official Catalyst drivers, but it refuses to run on the last beta version (due to it being an unofficial/unsigned driver).

BFG10K

Lifer
Aug 14, 2000
Lets keep the discussion about these drivers in the existing thread - Super Moderator BFG10K.

Status
Not open for further replies.