Amazon uses DHL???!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Argo

Lifer
Apr 8, 2000
Amazon uses pretty much every career out there due to the volume. DHL isn't the main one though, it was probably picked because it was the only one that could get it to you on time.

TruePaige

Diamond Member
Oct 22, 2006
never had a problem with DHL.

If you ask enough people everybody will say everybody sucks.

dbk

Lifer
Apr 23, 2004
Originally posted by: pontifex
ZOMG!! DHL SUCKS! UPS SUCKS! FEDEX SUCKS! USPS SUCKS!

who will we use to ship our packages!?!?!?!?!?!??! its the end of the world!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pony Express.

Jeff7

Lifer
Jan 4, 2001
Originally posted by: TruePaige

You suck!

There, I've done my part.

Narse

Moderator<br>Computer Help
Mar 14, 2000
We pretty much only use DHL at work and we hardly ever have a problem with them. In my experiance they treat the packages much better than UPS.

jpeyton

Moderator in SFF, Notebooks, Pre-Built/Barebones
Aug 23, 2003
DHL is fine.

So are UPS, FedEx, USPS, and other smaller companies.

Hating a particular shipping company is so overrated. I must live in a vacuum of space/time, because I don't really have life-changing problems with any of my packages.

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
Originally posted by: TruePaige

But the ones that UPS sucks are the most right.

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
Originally posted by: jpeyton
DHL is fine.

So are UPS, FedEx, USPS, and other smaller companies.

Hating a particular shipping company is so overrated. I must live in a vacuum of space/time, because I don't really have life-changing problems with any of my packages.

:thumbsup:
i've never had a problem with any carrier. i'm not saying they don't have problems, but the people here make it seem like every package by every company is damaged beyond recognition.

So

Lifer
Jul 2, 2001
UGH DHL. I've had nothing but trouble with them....avoid them like the plague.

2Dead

Feb 19, 2005
I don't really have a problem with DHL except that they ring the bell and leave the package. The UPS guy waits for a signature and is fairly consistent in delivery times.

middlehead

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2004
Amazon shipped me a package via DHL once, it arrived one time but completely crushed. Lucklily Amazon had used a box 3x the size necessary so the merch wasn't hurt, but seeing a crumpled box left on your front door to get rained on is not a pleasant experience.

TwiceOver

Lifer
Dec 20, 2002
As long as it is for Dell, I don't mind DHL. DHL rushes through Dell orders. Where as Fed/ex will delay till the date listed.