Amazon screwed my order up

MetalMat

Diamond Member
Jun 14, 2004
So I ordered a book from amazon for my dad (cost 30 bucks) and they shipped me 3 books by accident and only charged me for one. Should I just keep the books and put them up on half.com or should I be honest and tell amazon?

daveymark

Lifer
Sep 15, 2003
if the retailer was Best Buy, I'd say keep them. Amazon rocks though, so I'd return them.

I heart Amazon Prime

Journer

Banned
Jun 30, 2005
bastard...you get extra books and i dont get my fucking $500 instrument...why the hell does MF suck so much ass?

mh47g

May 25, 2007
Dude, they're freakin' books. I could see it if you got like a super ass massager 3000 or something with your order. They're books. Tell amazon.

BrokenVisage

Lifer
Jan 29, 2005
Unless the books are the 3 variations of "The Nine Gates of the Kingdom of Shadows".. then who cares?

moshquerade

No Lifer
Nov 1, 2001
Originally posted by: D1gger
I would notify them and let them decide how to deal with it.

This is the best answer.

I ordered a pair of jeans from Aeropostale a few months ago and they sent two identical pairs and only charged me for one. I called their Customer Service and they told me to keep them both at no extra charge. :)

MrWizzard

Platinum Member
Mar 24, 2002
Originally posted by: moshquerade

This is the best answer.

I ordered a pair of jeans from Aeropostale a few months ago and they sent two identical pairs and only charged me for one. I called their Customer Service and they told me to keep them both at no extra charge. :)

Yep take the high road. It may be harder but it's the right thing to do. Once I was shipped 2 Westinghouse 37" 1080P LCDs when I only ordered one. I was only charged for one too. I called them and told them of their mistake and they came and picked it up.

It would have been cool if they let me keep it but doing the right thing is more important.

GregGreen

Golden Member
Dec 5, 2000
Originally posted by: MrWizzard

This is the best answer.

Yep take the high road. It may be harder but it's the right thing to do. Once I was shipped 2 Westinghouse 37" 1080P LCDs when I only ordered one. I was only charged for one too. I called them and told them of their mistake and they came and picked it up.

It would have been cool if they let me keep it but doing the right thing is more important.

I agree. What goes around comes around...

tranceport

Diamond Member
Aug 8, 2000
www.thesystemsengineer.com
Originally posted by: GregGreen
Originally posted by: MrWizzard

This is the best answer.

All four QFT. You may get lucky and get to keep them all or they may send a return label. Either way you'll be doing the right thing.

dighn

Lifer
Aug 12, 2001
Originally posted by: tranceport

All four QFT. You may get lucky and get to keep them all or they may send a return label. Either way you'll be doing the right thing.

I'd be really annoyed though if they expected me to go through the trouble of shipping them back without some sort of pick-up arrangement (probably not for books) or compensation. If I were dealing with an individual I'd cut them some slack.

jagec

Lifer
Apr 30, 2004
Originally posted by: dighn

I'd be really annoyed though if they expected me to go through the trouble of shipping them back without some sort of pick-up arrangement (probably not for books) or compensation. If I were dealing with an individual I'd cut them some slack.

Who cares? It's the right thing to do. This world is doomed if people only do the moral thing when it's "convenient". Yes, it would be a little rude for Amazon to expect you to take time out of your day to package and drop off the books...but that's just the way life is sometimes.

If you had shipped something to someone, and accidentally included more items than you had planned, wouldn't you be a little peeved if the other person either didn't say anything, or absolutely refused to move unless you sent them a pre-paid package and got the Fedex guy to pick it up directly at their door? While it's their prerogative, it's still crude.

Dirigible

Diamond Member
Apr 26, 2006
Originally posted by: jagec
Originally posted by: dighn

Who cares? It's the right thing to do. This world is doomed if people only do the moral thing when it's "convenient". Yes, it would be a little rude for Amazon to expect you to take time out of your day to package and drop off the books...but that's just the way life is sometimes.

If you had shipped something to someone, and accidentally included more items than you had planned, wouldn't you be a little peeved if the other person either didn't say anything, or absolutely refused to move unless you sent them a pre-paid package and got the Fedex guy to pick it up directly at their door? While it's their prerogative, it's still crude.

I disagree, at least partially.

Amazon is perfectly capable of having a package picked up. Tell them about it. Send it back if they arrange a pickup. If they want you to make an extra trip to the post office, refuse.

I'm an adult. I fix things when I make a mistake. I expect no less from others. I'd sure as hell be peeved if someone else made a mess and wanted me to clean up after them.

dighn

Lifer
Aug 12, 2001
Originally posted by: jagec

The way I see it is that they made a mistake, and they should be the ones to correct it. Now I'm a nice person so if it were an individual I'd do them a favor, correct it for them and probably be courteous about it. However 2 books to Amazon is quite insignificant while I really hate having to ship something. Would I ship them back? Depends on the value. If it's too expensive for my conscience I would. Suppose I have "flexible" morals.

I wonder, if the item were more expensive, would the replies be different?

Mrvile

Lifer
Oct 16, 2004
Chances are, they'll just let you keep the books. They're only books, so I'm sure Amazon won't mind too much.

I remember back when some guy got a CPU from...Newegg?...and in the end he told them and they just let him keep it.

LS21

Banned
Nov 27, 2007
zappos sent me 2 extra pair of shoes by error... i called them and sent it back. i could have ebayed for about 150$..but theyre too good of a retailer ... karmic points ++