Amazon Promotional Credits

olds

Elite Member
Mar 3, 2000
Where are they?
I bought Win 8 back in October and it came with a $30 credit. I thought it was supposed to show on the page where you choose how to pay when I make a new purchase. It's not listed.

Dulanic

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2000
They get automatically applied on your next purchase. It will show on the final checkout screen.

olds

Elite Member
Mar 3, 2000
They get automatically applied on your next purchase. It will show on the final checkout screen.
Nope, it's trying to use my debit card.

amazonpayment.jpg

Last edited:

mnewsham

Lifer
Oct 2, 2010
no one has used your account for a purchase since you bought W8 have they? If so than it may have already been used.

rudeguy

Lifer
Dec 27, 2001
My account
Gift card balances

Check and see. Maybe you missed an email on how to redeem

olds

Elite Member
Mar 3, 2000
no one has used your account for a purchase since you bought W8 have they? If so than it may have already been used.
Nope. And Amazon said this:
"I've checked your account and see that promotional balance of $30.00 which would expire in February 2013.
Your available promotional certificate balance appears in the payment section when you place an order. You'll see eligible funds automatically applied. This balance doesn't appear in Your Account (you'll only see gift card balances there)."

This, like the cake, seems to be a lie...

esquared

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 8, 2000
Nope. And Amazon said this:
"I've checked your account and see that promotional balance of $30.00 which would expire in February 2013.
Your available promotional certificate balance appears in the payment section when you place an order. You'll see eligible funds automatically applied. This balance doesn't appear in Your Account (you'll only see gift card balances there)."

This, like the cake, seems to be a lie...

I was sent an email when they approved my 30.00 credit.

On my next purchase, the 30.00 credit was applied to my order.

Maybe you need to call them and have them manually do it if it doesn't show up on your checkout.

velillen

Platinum Member
Jul 12, 2006
Are you ordering from amazon or from a 3rd party sell via amazon? Sometimes ive not been able ot apply my rewards points to a 3rd party seller for reason.

olds

Elite Member
Mar 3, 2000
Are you ordering from amazon or from a 3rd party sell via amazon? Sometimes ive not been able ot apply my rewards points to a 3rd party seller for reason.
Ah, it's a third party.
I'll add something from Amazon and see what happens.

EDIT
Didn't make a difference.

Last edited:
Oct 20, 2005
My account
Gift card balances

Check and see. Maybe you missed an email on how to redeem

I'm not 100% sure, but I don't think promotional credits show up in your gift card balance.

Usually these promotional credits will just apply on your next eligible order.

However, if you want to check your Amazon MP3/video credit, just go to any amazon video and there's a link that says view balance.

Still though, that won't show any promotional credit.

Oct 20, 2005
Also, do you remember if there were any restrictions?

For example, sometimes they offer video game promotional credit for buying games from them.

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
i purchased something today and noticed i had a promotional credit of $30 added to my account from a tv i purchased in early october.

esquared

Forum Director
Oct 8, 2000
Last edited:

Perknose

Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
They know about the basement. They know you are a very, very bad man. They KNOW!

No promotional credits for YOU! :p

Doppel

Lifer
Feb 5, 2011
While on topic you basically have to be a detective to find out where video or mp3 promotional credits are. As much as I love amazon some parts of it are very badly done, especially the search which does not work properly for many people.

Oct 20, 2005
While on topic you basically have to be a detective to find out where video or mp3 promotional credits are. As much as I love amazon some parts of it are very badly done, especially the search which does not work properly for many people.

For video or mp3 credits, go to the amazon video section and click on any movie/video. When that comes up, there is a link in the middle of the page under the movie description box that says "view balance". Click that and out pops this window with all your gift card/video/mp3/etc credits.

But that still does not show you how much "promotional" credit you have.

Doppel

Lifer
Feb 5, 2011
For video or mp3 credits, go to the amazon video section and click on any movie/video. When that comes up, there is a link in the middle of the page under the movie description box that says "view balance". Click that and out pops this window with all your gift card/video/mp3/etc credits.

But that still does not show you how much "promotional" credit you have.

Thanks !