Amazon Prime shipping gone to hell?

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

slag

Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
Not had any problems in the past year. I just bought a new Kawasaki 650sx starter relay/solenoid off Amazon prime on June 13th around 3 pm. I paid the extra 3.99 so it will be delivered today and is out on the truck right now. Under $20.00 for it. I also bought the same thing off Ebay for $9.00 with free shipping, but it wont be here until Saturday at the earliest and I want to be out on the lake before that so now I'll have a spare.

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
I have been noticing that maybe every week or two, one of my packages will arrive late. It's usually just by a day, and it usually ends up not being a big deal. However, I did have a bit of an annoying snafu last week. I ordered one of HTC's Deluxe Audio Straps for the Vive, which is pretty much out of stock everywhere right now. The item shipped out for delivery this past Friday, but nothing ever happened after it was listed as departing Amazon's Georgia shipping facility.

Amazon refunded my money and said that I could keep the item if it came, which sounds great, but I knew it would never come. They updated the order information to reflect that the item would be arriving later (by yesterday), but of course, nothing happened. What makes this annoying is that previous remark about how it's out of stock everywhere. So, even though Amazon gave me my money back, I can't get the item. :(

XavierMace

Diamond Member
Apr 20, 2013
Meh, so far this year I've had 1 package arrive one day late (Monday instead of Sunday) out of 44 orders. I'm happy with that.