Amazon | Origin | DA:O question

rivethead

Platinum Member
Jan 16, 2005
Hi all,

I just bought that DA:O bundle at Amazon for $9.99. I bought it at the request of my son.

I know it's not steamable :-(, but requires Origin :-(

Here's my question. When I bought it, the amazon purchase page said "unlimited downloads on PCs you own in your household".

Does this mean I could download it on both my computer and his (I own most of it, lol) and we could both play it?

I know with Steam we would both have to purchase a license, since we have separate Steam accounts. We've done this before with Torchlight, OMD, BFBC2, etc.

But Amazon is making this sound like we won't have to do that with this bundle. But I know nothing about Origin......is it going to be like Steam and the code Amazon gives us can only be used for one activation? If that's the case, then I think Amazon's message is misleading.

Thanks for any insight you can provide!

PrincessFrosty

Platinum Member
Feb 13, 2008
www.frostyhacks.blogspot.com
The code will activate it to one origin account, just like it would with steam.

You can install origin and the game on as many PCs as you like, as I understand it. As long as you log in with the same credentials you'll be able to play it on both PCs, just not at the same time.

rivethead

Platinum Member
Jan 16, 2005
Thanks. That's what I expected. I think Amazon is misleading some customers then, but probably not intentionally.

diesbudt

Diamond Member
Jun 1, 2012
I want to buy it from amazon. And I will even D/l Origin.

But I have heard from plenty of reviews around the 70% mark of downloading, it has issues/corrupt files that require finding the replacement files online and placing them in the DA folder.

Martimus

Diamond Member
Apr 24, 2007
The frustrations I had trying to get DA:O to work is the reason I don't buy anything from EA anymore. Their authenticating server was taken down for 2 weeks when DA2 was released and they wouldn't tell anyone why their new copy of the original game wouldn't work. After two weeks they put the server back online, but by then I had moved on and I can't imagine what would make me ever buy one of their products again.

rivethead

Platinum Member
Jan 16, 2005
I want to buy it from amazon. And I will even D/l Origin.

But I have heard from plenty of reviews around the 70% mark of downloading, it has issues/corrupt files that require finding the replacement files online and placing them in the DA folder.

Downloading direct from Amazon or downloading through Origin?

My kid ran into some problems with Mass Effect. Couldn't get it to work downloading it from Amazon. Activiated it in Origin and downloaded it there...no problem.

thespyder

Golden Member
Aug 31, 2006
Thanks. That's what I expected. I think Amazon is misleading some customers then, but probably not intentionally.

For what it is worth, DA:O is worth the price. if you want to play together or concurrently, buy it twice.

DA2 is another matter and has been discussed to death, so I won't say anymore.