Amanda Knox guilty.....again.

Carfax83

Diamond Member
Nov 1, 2010
Amanda Knox found guilty of murder again by Italian Court..

This just disgusts me. I've been to Italy before, but this makes me never want to set foot in that country again. Their justice system is absolutely appalling! D:

Like a fucking third world country or something.. I truly feel sorry for her Italian boyfriend, as he is now once again looking at some serious jail time.

Knox on the other hand will never be extradited by the U.S Government, so she's OK, as long as she never sets foot again in Italy.

TreVader

Platinum Member
Oct 28, 2013
Her italian boyfriend is an idiot for getting convicted, released, and then staying around while they re-tried him for the 3rd time. He should've made a B-line to the nearest country with no extradition treaty with Italy.

FYI, it's very likely Knox will be extradited to Italy eventually. We have a treaty with them, and the US requests more extraditions than any other nation. Not gonna look good if we yell and scream about Snowden but refuse to send Knox over. Knox should GTFO of the US if she wants to stay out of legal trouble/prison.

I have no idea if she's guilty. I'm just saying be smart... if you don't wanna get extradited, go to a country without extradition. You bet your ass I would, fuck being declared innocent I want to be free.

DucatiMonster696

Diamond Member
Aug 13, 2009
She's not going to be extradited in case that involved a highly dubious and suspect double-jeopardy situation on the part of the Italian court system desire to convict a American citizen for nationalistic reasons.

TreVader

Platinum Member
Oct 28, 2013
She's not going to be extradited in case that involved a highly dubious and suspect double-jeopardy situation on the part of the Italian court system desire to convict a American citizen for nationalistic reasons.

Everybody likes to quote "double jeopardy" and forgets that she was convicted first. She was serving 26 years. It's possible that public opinion in the US might prevent her from being extradited, but unlikely.

Legal experts agree:
http://news.yahoo.com/us-likely-extradite-knox-italy-asks-000547631.html

This is the list of countries she needs to stay out of. It's not all that bad actually, 160 countries are safe!

Argentina, Australia, Austria, The Bahamas, Bolivia, Brasil, Canada, Costa Rica, Cuba, Germany, Kenya, Lesotho, New Zealand, Paraguay, Peru, The Vatican, Singapore, Sri Lanka, The United States of America and Uruguay and the European Union.

TreVader

Platinum Member
Oct 28, 2013
Btw the real tragedy here is her haircut. That stylist should be extradited, immediately.

Amanda hot:
8Mtiwpz.jpg

Amanda not:
j6XtnZs.jpg

Nebor

Lifer
Jun 24, 2003
She won't be extradited. The American public is widely opposed to it and it raises some double jeopardy questions.

I can't believe they convicted her again in absentia. This is why we fought a revolution to be independent of Italy.

TreVader

Platinum Member
Oct 28, 2013
Why would this matter?

Why would it matter that it's "double jeopardy?" She's not entitled to being tried under US law based on the fact that she was born here. She was charged with a crime in italy, and that's where she was and will be tried. If you go to china you aren't entitled to complain when they apply laws that don't sync up with the US. China, and italy, are not US jurisdictions.

Nebor

Lifer
Jun 24, 2003
This is going to come down to a case of the US telling Italy, "Because fuck you, that's why."

I'd bet money she doesn't get extradited.

Feb 10, 2000
I think she's most likely innocent, but I can't see how the US can seriously fight extradition. The Italian justice system appears to be deeply flawed, but we are not talking about, say, Iran or Syria. I don't know how the US can aggressively seek the extradition of Snowdon while refusing to extradite a convicted killer to a European ally. I would be very surprised if she is not extradited within a year. Shitty deal but those are the breaks . . .

Nebor

Lifer
Jun 24, 2003
The Italians were also the lead nation for the Rule of Law mission in Afghanistan. Let me tell you, that's worked out fucking spectacularly. It's like a blend of the two most fucked up justice systems in the world.

umbrella39

Lifer
Jun 11, 2004

From a CNN article:

Legal analysts debated whether the U.S. would send Knox back to Italy if Rome requests extradition.
It is unlikely that Knox will return to Italy to serve additional prison time because U.S. law dictates that a person cannot be tried twice on the same charge, a legal expert told CNN.

"She was once put in jeopardy and later acquitted," said Sean Casey, a former prosecutor who is now a partner at Kobre & Kim in New York. "Under the treaty (between the two nations), extradition should not be granted."

CNN legal analyst Mark O'Mara said that the United States has to respect the treaty.
"We have to follow the letter of the law," he said Thursday.

I'm doubting she ever sets foot on Italian soil again, ever.

sactoking

Diamond Member
Sep 24, 2007
Why would it matter that it's "double jeopardy?" She's not entitled to being tried under US law based on the fact that she was born here. She was charged with a crime in italy, and that's where she was and will be tried. If you go to china you aren't entitled to complain when they apply laws that don't sync up with the US. China, and italy, are not US jurisdictions.

But she's a US citizen currently in the US. While there is an extradition treaty with Italy the US is under no obligation to hold to the treaty if it deprives a citizen of a right. Double jeopardy is a right in the US and it is likely that the country will not send her away to have her rights violated. Similarly, the US would not extradite a citizen to a foreign country to face punishment by stoning, since such punishment would be cruel and unusual.

This is not unheard of, other countries will often refuse to extradite to the US if the death penalty is involved.

Geosurface

Diamond Member
Mar 22, 2012
I have no idea if she'll be extradited or not, I've certainly seen our government do douchier things.

But it is completely ridiculous that the Italian courts have found her guilty again.

I didn't know that much about this case some months ago, but I kept hearing about it so much that I decided to finally take the time to really research the hell out of it. I absorbed every video, audiobook, article, whatever - that I could find at that time. I SERIOUSLY entertained both possibilities, and was in no way, shape, or form rushing to one conclusion or the other.

In the end, I achieved probably a 99% certainty of her innocence. I really, really think she's been completely shafted by their "legal system" over there. And I feel awful for Sollecito. I wish he had gotten the hell out of Dodge. Hell, I think I'm even more certain of his innocence than of hers, though that's a high standard. It is absolutely criminal for him to spend another day in jail.

The Italians are making complete clowns of themselves and I hope at some point something happens which forces them, as an entire nation, to come to grips with that and leaves no room for doubt. Unfortunately that may be impossible.

The piece of shit known as Rudy Guede, who actually murdered that poor girl, should be screaming from his cell that he did it alone and working as hard as he can to get them off the hook for his crime.

That may be the most obscene aspect of all. The actual killer got like 16 years.

Here's a very good website for information on this case for anyone who is uncertain as to her guilt, and wants to know more: Injustice in Perugia

Last edited:

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
She wont be extradited. Double jeopardy will have us tell the Italians to get bent. We should also explain to them how terrible of a legal system they have erected.

Geosurface

Diamond Member
Mar 22, 2012
Btw the real tragedy here is her haircut. That stylist should be extradited, immediately.

Amanda hot:
8Mtiwpz.jpg

Amanda not:
j6XtnZs.jpg

I think her own sexuality was so co-opted by the tabloids and so completely toxified for her, that she has really sort of shut it down. That's just another layer of the tragedy. The lascivious, trashy media of Italy and the UK, and worst of all the prosecutor, concocted this whole narrative centering around her sexuality. They painted her as a sexual sadist and killer, a sex-crazed nympho, a seductress, you name it. They created an alternate version of her for their own narrative, and I think she has struggled greatly with this feeling that their fictional version of her was pushing the real her aside.

32274e4a75amanda-knox-foxy-knoxy.jpg

(btw, that headline? incorrect.)

I strongly suspect, whether she's aware of it or not, that she is trying to distance herself from her own sexuality. I actually don't mind the haircut personally, but I think it's a deliberate measure to de-feminize herself, and sap that angle of its lifeblood so they can't pursue it as effectively. Toward this goal it also helps that she is basically a shell of a person now, and that it shows in her face and mannerisms. Just got done watching her interview from a few days ago. She's permanently traumatized by this whole thing, and how powerless it made her feel and still makes her feel. I think one of the few things she can control is trying to take away the sexy angle from them, and the haircut is part of that. I think actually this is fairly common for rape victims to do, too.

Just my thoughts.

Last edited:

Dari

Lifer
Oct 25, 2002
Who cares, she's not going anywhere. Italy's justice system is very weird. A friend of the family was vacationing in Italy years ago when her dog was arrested after it caught a fish and crab on the beach. The dog was put on trial, found guilty and fined. Ridiculous.

Oct 30, 2004
I think she should come out in public and condemn the corrupt Italian justice system on an international scale.

Doppel

Lifer
Feb 5, 2011
FYI, it's very likely Knox will be extradited to Italy eventually.
Absolutely not. Unless something massively changes pertaining to evidence like a smoking gun there is no way the US will throw one of its own citizens out to face a conviction that doesn't even exist in the US (double jeopardy). She's perfectly safe here.

Double Trouble

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
I'm not a legal expert, but just given the nature of the case, at least from my limited exposure to it, I'd be really surprised if she was ever extradited. The US should tell Italy and their bizarre legal system to get bent.