Am I wrong? - RANT removed

TMPadmin

Golden Member
Jul 23, 2001
I was getting long winded so I'm starting over.

I asked our phone vendor to do a few things.
1. Run the 2 new lines from Verizon into the digital system. Keep them separate from all others as they will be used for a different company. Allow the Receptionist to answer for both companies. Not hard to do.

2. Run the third line from Verizon to the office as a fax line (separate from the PBX).

3. Configure the lines so that the new company's VM picks up after hours not ours.

4. Move an analog line from one conference room to a different one.

5. Move a digital line from one office to another

6. Then clean up the patch panel since some wires were short and messy.

The guy was there from 10am to 4pm redoing the patch panel. He didn't even get to the installation or moves. When I called in the morning I said "clean up the patch panel it's a mess". How does that mean redo all the wires? When you look at it there were maybe at most 10 ports that needed redoing. I want to know how someone can punch a panel for 6 hours. We only have 70 ports!?

There is more to the story but I'm not going to bore everyone with it.

Thanks for listening.

Radiohead

Platinum Member
Jun 16, 2001
Rant doesn't stand for anything, it's an actual word
"To speak or write in a angry or violent manner; rave."

Edit
Actually what Conjur has is better... let's go with that instead

xSauronx

Lifer
Jul 14, 2000
Originally posted by: conjur
What does rant stand for?

uhhhhhh

Oh...how about

Really
Annoying
Nef
Thread

i found it semi annoying, but for the sake of describing this rant ill agree

JEDI

Lifer
Sep 25, 2001
Originally posted by: TMPadmin
I was getting long winded so I'm starting over.

I asked our phone vendor to do a few things.
1. Run the 2 new lines from Verizon into the digital system. Keep them separate from all others as they will be used for a different company. Allow the Receptionist to answer for both companies. Not hard to do.

2. Run the third line from Verizon to the office as a fax line (separate from the PBX).

3. Configure the lines so that the new company's VM picks up after hours not ours.

4. Move an analog line from one conference room to a different one.

5. Move a digital line from one office to another

6. Then clean up the patch panel since some wires were short and messy.

The guy was there from 10am to 4pm redoing the patch panel. He didn't even get to the installation or moves. When I called in the morning I said "clean up the patch panel it's a mess". How does that mean redo all the wires? When you look at it there were maybe at most 10 ports that needed redoing. I want to know how someone can punch a panel for 6 hours. We only have 70 ports!?

There is more to the story but I'm not going to bore everyone with it.

Thanks for listening.

next time have a webcam on that unionized guy's ass and record the whole thing. then if the company charges u for him being there the whole day, take it up the chain and get that unionized guy fired!

PlatinumGold

Lifer
Aug 11, 2000
it's always tough when called in to clean up someone elses mess. i get to do this stuff all the time with PC networks. i know it usually takes me a bit longer than it should because i like things set up slightly differently than the person before me.

not a big deal.

TMPadmin

Golden Member
Jul 23, 2001
Originally posted by: Walleye
Am I wrong?

depends. is there a woman involved?

Yes, our account rep. But she is "on my side". We'll see. I shouldn't have to babysit a professional I don't need someone looking over my sholder to make sure I get my job done. I'm expected to have things done on-time. On-time as most of you deal with, means yesterday.