am i wrong about the circumstances of Jesus' death?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

azazyel

Diamond Member
Oct 6, 2000

Your articles say that the army spoke Latin, another that the aristocracy spoke Latin and the general populace did not. Are the army in the aristocracy?
Also, latin inscriptions at the roman forum in Rome?

Was that a question? All I was trying to point out was that Greek was a widely used laguage during Jesus's time/location.

Edit:

And Jesus did suck last night, and so did his brother.

element

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
How the heck is killling Jebus absolving you numbskulls of your sins? Lessee....I do something bad, I don't know, like bludgeon a troll over the head, and when I go before the judge I'll say, hay don't put me in prison dood, we already killed Jebus and he absolved me of my sin. The judge will then say, aight NEF yous free to go. Hmm don't work that way do it?

wtf is that like trying to deny responsibility for your actions or something?

QueHuong

Platinum Member
Nov 21, 2001
Originally posted by: fredtam
I guess what I'm saying is that the evidence that Jesus survived the crucifixion is just as reliable as the evidence he died. A little insight. When Jesus was seen after the ressurection it is stated that he wasn't recognized. If I was about to haul ass I would cut my hair and switch clothes. Did it ever occur to you that if you were writing to cover some of the technicalities up is it hard to believe you would add stuff like "he was stabbed with a spear to make sure he was dead". This was not normal practice. In fact Jesus was only scheduled for an ass whoopin it was the mob mentality that lead to the crucifixion. He was not the main focus of events that day.

Edit: I have not read the DaVinci Code but I am a religous history buff and in reading other more fact and ttranslation filled books on the Knights Templar and the Grail Bloodline I find the argument quite compelling.

Interesting article. Jesus hooks up with a prostitute and has a kid. My church will have a heart attack if they read this.

JackBurton

Lifer
Jul 18, 2000
I think we are avoiding the REAL question....Why is everyone sitting on one side of the table at The Last Supper? I mean, WTF guys, you don't have enough room on the other side of the table?!

And another question....Who here thinks Jesus' mom had sex with the neighbor? I mean come on, I can't believe Joseph bought that whole "an angel from heaven got her pregnant" story. Jeez, talk about a cheating bitch!

azazyel

Diamond Member
Oct 6, 2000
Originally posted by: JackBurton
I think we are avoiding the REAL question....Why is everyone sitting on one side of the table at The Last Supper? I mean, WTF guys, you don't have enough room on the other side of the table?!

Actually, that is a really good question. It is funny that in the Da Vinci Code they use this painting as "evidence" of Mary being a disciple. Now, what makes me laugh is that well, first off why would the painting mean anything. Also, why were they all at one side of a table. Honestly, they would have probably all be reclining on couches.

fredtam

Diamond Member
Jun 6, 2003
Originally posted by: azazyel
I guess what I'm saying is that the evidence that Jesus survived the crucifixion is just as reliable as the evidence he died. A little insight. When Jesus was seen after the ressurection it is stated that he wasn't recognized. If I was about to haul ass I would cut my hair and switch clothes. Did it ever occur to you that if you were writing to cover some of the technicalities up is it hard to believe you would add stuff like "he was stabbed with a spear to make sure he was dead". This was not normal practice. In fact Jesus was only scheduled for an ass whoopin it was the mob mentality that lead to the crucifixion. He was not the main focus of events that day.

Edit: I have not read the DaVinci Code but I am a religous history buff and in reading other more fact and ttranslation filled books on the Knights Templar and the Grail Bloodline I find the argument quite compelling.

Dude, your link had nothing to do with the crucifixion. Also, that was a rather poor article about the Da Vinci Code.

A little insight means that you can further research on your own. There are few schools of thought on the crucifixion survival. One says that Jesus escaped to france with Mary which can be found by simply googling (pm me for details on how this works) the Knights of Templar, The Holy Grail, or Grail Bloodline. A second is that Jesus escaped to
India. After you read this link you may need to google "Jesus in India" to find more info.

If I have to personally teach you about or how to find differing opinions on subjects classes are $45/h . Just pm me for my paypal info.

Edit: Also that article was not about the DaVinci Code but the little known facts that laid the groundwork for the book.

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
Originally posted by: element®
How the heck is killling Jebus absolving you numbskulls of your sins? Lessee....I do something bad, I don't know, like bludgeon a troll over the head, and when I go before the judge I'll say, hay don't put me in prison dood, we already killed Jebus and he absolved me of my sin. The judge will then say, aight NEF yous free to go. Hmm don't work that way do it?

wtf is that like trying to deny responsibility for your actions or something?

Jesus absolves you of your sins before God, not before man. if you're going to critique christianity at least crititique it on one of it tenets.

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
Originally posted by: JulesMaximus

Bah, who cares? I'm going to see the movie anyway.

It won't make me hate Jewish people...and I'm not Jewish.

while my posting my thoughts here was definitely provoked by the controversy surrounding the movie, i had them well before i learned of the movie.

melly

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2002
But it was prophecied that it was going to happen...
Jesus told his disciples that one of them was going to betray him
and it turned out to be Judas. There wasn't any other religious denomination
around those parts so obviously it would be Jews that carried out hatred for him?

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: bo0
Flame suits here! Get your flames suits!

For a limited time...Buy one get another for half price.

***Notice**this suit does protect you against Sarcastic remarks, racial comments and
rolleye.gif

But it does not protect you from the Banning powers of the mods.:D

rolleye.gif
rolleye.gif
rolleye.gif
rolleye.gif
rolleye.gif
rolleye.gif

How's the suit holding out? ;) :)

fredtam

Diamond Member
Jun 6, 2003
Originally posted by: xmellyx
around those parts so obviously it would be Jews that carried out hatred for him?

Jesus told Judas to turn him in.

Mar 22, 2002
Originally posted by: sandorski

***Notice**this suit does protect you against Sarcastic remarks, racial comments and
rolleye.gif

rolleye.gif
rolleye.gif
rolleye.gif
rolleye.gif
rolleye.gif
rolleye.gif

It's pretty hot, but no burns yet. I got two, would you like my other one? :beer:

melly

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2002
Originally posted by: xmellyx

Jesus told Judas to turn him in.

Did he? The bible is so damned confusing written in parables and old world speech.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: SociallyChallenged
Originally posted by: sandorski

rolleye.gif

rolleye.gif
rolleye.gif
rolleye.gif
rolleye.gif
rolleye.gif
rolleye.gif

It's pretty hot, but no burns yet. I got two, would you like my other one? :beer:

Woot, you know it! :D