Am I screwed?

Kennysan

Jul 31, 2006
So, I'm using an AMD X2 3800+ processor with an M2N-SLI deluxe mobo, with ocz ram. I plug everything in, and start my system. I don't see anything, and I hear 3 beeps coming from the computer. I shut off the machine and restart it. Same thing. So, I completely unpower the machine, and try switching some of the ram around. This time, however, when I turn the machine back on, nothing happens. The mobo LED won't even turn on, and neither will the case fans attached to the mobo (which did work when I first turned on the machine). Did I just somehow end up frying my mobo? Is there any way to test that it's just the mobo that's affected? I need some help!

Kennysan

Jul 31, 2006
Oh, haha, I found the problem. I accidentally disconnected the mobo's connection to the PSU. Now, I'm getting one long beep, followed by 2 short ones. The Asus manual doesn't have anything about the beep pattern. Would anyone know where I could find out information about this?

phillyman36

Golden Member
Jun 28, 2004
Asus has a forum maybe someone there can help you if they had the same problem. Its under the support tab on their website.

MagnusTheBrewer

IN MEMORIAM
Jun 19, 2004
One long beep followed by two short beeps in your BIOS indicates a video error has occurred and the BIOS cannot initialize the video screen to display any additional information.

Make sure your GPU is seated properly and if it requires a second power connection make sure it is connected.

Kennysan

Jul 31, 2006
Ok, so it turns out that I didn't have the video card plugged in to the power supply. Now, however, it makes 1 long beep, followed by 3 short beeps. Is this a memory problem?

OBCT

Jul 10, 2006
The memory isn't seated properly. Make sure that it's facing the right way (it only goes in one way), and that BOTH clamps are fully locked in. If you can wiggle the RAM around, then it isn't secure.

Kennysan

Jul 31, 2006
I checked the ram. It's pretty secure. I also tried swapping out one/both of the memory sticks, same effect. Maybe I should run to bestbuy and get some generic ram and see if that works?

OBCT

Jul 10, 2006
Did you cut the power from the system entirely when you moved the RAM around? There's a chance that you ruined the RAM when you did that. Some motherboards come with an LED that tells you when it's not safe to remove the RAM.

cmrmrc

Jun 27, 2005
I think its a memory problem...many m2n boards have issues with ocz ram...go check on ocz support forum, theres alot of guys there with same non-post problem..