Am I pretty much screwed now getting a flight?

piku

Diamond Member
May 30, 2000
I need to book a flight from Philadelphia to Los Angeles from May 21 (leaving in the evening) to May 25 (arriving back sometime in the afternoon). Can you guess for what? :D

Anyway, I have waited way to long, and now I think I am screwed. I can't seem to find a flight at all taht works out, and all of them are multiple-hop ones with airlines I have never heard of. On top of that, the prices are pretty expensive. Can anyone please help me out here?

It sucks too, just a couple day's ago there were good flights that I could have used, but I wasn't ready to order then. Damnit :)

Aves

Lifer
Feb 7, 2001
Are direct flights a requirment?

I found a United Flight that is in the range of $450 but it has one connection and the times aren't exactly what you want.

piku

Diamond Member
May 30, 2000
No, I don't care if its direct or not, though its a plus.

Thats the problem though, the time (expecially for leaving) is crucial. Philadelphia is like a 2-3 hour drive away the way it is, and my dad is going to have to drive me down, so it has to be after he gets out of work.

(edit: leaving the 20th is also possible)

Aves

Lifer
Feb 7, 2001
I found this plan for a $454 United Airlines flight off of expedia.com

Tue 21-May-02

Flight: 1875
Depart Philadelphia (PHL) 7:15 PM
Arrive Chicago (ORD) 8:35 PM

Flight: 125
Depart Chicago (ORD) 9:15 PM
Arrive Los Angeles (LAX) 11:25 PM

Sat 25-May-02

Flight: 124
Depart Los Angeles (LAX) 11:55 PM
Arrive Chicago (ORD) 5:44 AM

Flight: 1874
Depart Chicago (ORD) 8:15 AM
Arrive Philadelphia (PHL) 11:09 AM (May 26)

Edited to make it more readable

cavingjan

Golden Member
Nov 15, 1999
IS a flight out of scranton possible? I know it'll be a puddle jumper but it could start you out earlier.
Also, must it be LAX or can be another LA airport (BTW I hate LAX but that's just me)

piku

Diamond Member
May 30, 2000

<< IS a flight out of scranton possible? I know it'll be a puddle jumper but it could start you out earlier. >>

Yeah I suppose, but I figured it would end adding too much to the cost. Actually, I found a flight from there that would be good, but its $500.

(edit: Yeah, another airport would be fine I guess, I just need to be able to get downtown to a hotel)

(edit 2: I could just get a taxi from an airport to get me to a hotel, right? I'm sure it will cost me a little bit (how much i dunno), but it would probably be easiest)

Aves

Lifer
Feb 7, 2001

<< [(edit: Yeah, another airport would be fine I guess, I just need to be able to get downtown to a hotel) >>

Either way will work. LAX is not that close to Downtown.

Murphyrulez

Golden Member
Mar 24, 2001
Hey I have a voucher for a United Airlines round trip that they gave me when they bumped me off a flight one time... I can part with it for a small fee. :) I'm pretty sure it is transferable. It does say VOID IF SOLD BARTERED OR MUTILATED. 14 days in advance ticketing. Economy roundtrip in W V or Q class.