Am I having a Heart attack???

Yax

Platinum Member
Feb 11, 2003
Just ate some M & Ms,

Now I'm feeling drowsy. Slight pounding pain in my left forearm. A bit tense too.

When I stand, I feel like I'm gonna faint.

But no chest pains.

My blood sugar level was pretty high at my last checkup. Blood pressure was borderline to high last time I checked too.

Could it be diabeties, high blood pressure or minor heart attack? Should I go see a doctor or just tough it out? I'm considering making an appointment tomorrow, maybe I should.

Note:
I'm Morbidly obese (250-260lbs, 6'0" tall).

Raiden256

Platinum Member
Feb 11, 2001
Chew up an aspirin just in case... best thing you can do to save your life if it is.

DrNoobie

Banned
Mar 3, 2004
If you really think you're having a heart attack, go to a doctor tonight, like right now.
If you're just worried, what was your BP at the last check up?
Which are you experiencing?

squeezing or heavy pressure
a tight band on the chest
"an elephant sitting on your chest"
bad indigestion
Shortness of breath
Cough
Lightheadedness - dizziness
Fainting
Nausea or vomiting
Sweating, which may be profuse
Feeling of "impending doom"
Anxiety

Is the pain radiating outwards? When did it start? When did you last eat/drink?, and what did you have? Are you on any meds? Does your family have a history of cardiac problems? Do you have a history of heartburn? On a scale of 1-10, with 1 being no pain, and 10 being the worst pain you have ever felt in your life, how would you rate it? What were you doing when the pain started?

These are the questions I would ask to someone who might have a cardiac comprimise.

Yax

Platinum Member
Feb 11, 2003
Originally posted by: Raiden256
Chew up an aspirin just in case... best thing you can do to save your life if it is.

Thanks Raiden, good advice. I just happen to have some in my drawers here.

EDIT: OH sh!t, I just took two, then turned the bottle over and checked the expiration date. These darn things expired last summer! man, this is not a good day.

Originally posted by: DrNoobie
If you really think you're having a heart attack, go to a doctor tonight, like right now.
If you're just worried, what was your BP at the last check up?
Which are you experiencing?

squeezing or heavy pressure
a tight band on the chest
"an elephant sitting on your chest"
bad indigestion
Shortness of breath
Cough
Lightheadedness - dizziness
Fainting
Nausea or vomiting
Sweating, which may be profuse
Feeling of "impending doom"
Anxiety

^
|
|
Listen to him. He knows what he is talking about...if you answer yes to the "impending doom" question, call 911 NOW.

slick230

Banned
Jan 31, 2003
You might want to consult an actual medical professional instead of looking for advice on ATOT.
rolleye.gif

Siddhartha

Lifer
Oct 17, 1999
You are having symptons that scare you and you are taking time to post here about it instead of going to the doctor?

Nope I am not going to blame Darwin on this one....

hevnsnt

Lifer
Mar 18, 2000
I am 6'0 and I went from 270 to 195 in a little over 6 months.

I guess this post was FYI.

Cuda1447

Lifer
Jul 26, 2002
Originally posted by: Dr Smooth
You are having symptons that scare you and you are taking time to post here about it instead of going to the doctor?

Ya know maybe3 he just wanted to see what other people thought before going and getting all crazy calling up the hospital. Just because he has pains in his chest doesn't mean he's having a heart attack.

Yax

Platinum Member
Feb 11, 2003
Originally posted by: hevnsnt
I am 6'0 and I went from 270 to 195 in a little over 6 months.

I guess this post was FYI.

My problem is, I went the other way in 6 months.

slick230

Banned
Jan 31, 2003
Originally posted by: Cuda1447

Ya know maybe3 he just wanted to see what other people thought before going and getting all crazy calling up the hospital. Just because he has pains in his chest doesn't mean he's having a heart attack.

And if he WAS having a heart attack the time he spent posting and reading responses could have been time used to save his ass.

DrNoobie

Banned
Mar 3, 2004
Originally posted by: Cuda1447

And just because he isn't having chest pains doesn't mean he's not having a MI.