Am I an asshole...

chiwawa626

Lifer
Aug 15, 2000
I hate talking on the fone to people/relatives that ive only met a few times in my life.... Its like my bro hands me the fone outa nowhere then i have to make a fake ass conversation with no real content besides weather, family, and school....EH! call me an asshole but id rather not talk at all then have that fake conversation.

poopaskoopa

Diamond Member
Sep 12, 2000
I don't actively hate talking to people. You're a hateful youth(assuming you're young), but I don't know if you're an asshole.

chiwawa626

Lifer
Aug 15, 2000
I dont hate talking to everyone, just really distant people....i love talking to freinds, and family that i can relate to on a regular basis. But a cousin who lives in the other side of the world who ive only seen 2 times ...its hard for me to relate and talk to.

Placer14

Platinum Member
Sep 17, 2001
Count yourself lucky...at least you're not going to visit with relatives you only see every 4-5 years for 4 days straight.

At least my brother will be with me.

Iron Woode

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 10, 1999
You should have made this a poll, then you will know whether people think you're an a$$hole. ;)

Wallydraigle

Banned
Nov 27, 2000
I am an asshole. I hate everbody. I won't talk on the phone. I've talked on the phone probably four times in the last five years, and not for pleasure. I almost ended a deal that could change the rest of my life for the better because I'd have to talk on the phone with some dude. I have no friends. I don't want any friends because then I would have to talk to and do things with them, and I won't because I'm an asshole. The only thing worse than friends is family. You can choose your friends and decide when to stop being friends with them, but you're stuck with whatever family you're born with, and that's that. Also you're obligated to do things for your family whereas with a friend you can say, "Screw you hippie, get your own kidney!"

But I'm not bitter. No, not at all.

KLin

Lifer
Feb 29, 2000
Originally posted by: chiwawa626

I hate talking on the fone to people/relatives that ive only met a few times in my life.... Its like my bro hands me the fone outa nowhere then i have to make a fake ass conversation with no real content besides weather, family, and school....EH! call me an asshole but id rather not talk at all then have that fake conversation.

Well do you drive really slow in the ultra fast lane, while people behind you are going insane. Or do you use public toilets and piss on the seats, and walk around in the summertime saying how about this heat?

Zim Hosein

Super Moderator | Elite Member
Super Moderator
Nov 27, 1999

chiwawa626, IMO you're not an a**hole, fake conversation is a complete waste of time IMO :)

GasX

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
I dont hate talking to everyone, just really distant people....i love talking to freinds, and family that i can relate to on a regular basis. But a cousin who lives in the other side of the world who ive only seen 2 times ...its hard for me to relate and talk to.
You have a limited supply of blood relatives. Make an effort. It may not seem that way now, but as you get older, your family becomes much more important.

On a related note, I am flying to England tomorrow for my uncles funeral. I saw him maybe 5 times since my family left in 1978... :(

NoReMoRsE

Platinum Member
Jul 24, 2001
I hate the fake conversation too. I rarely call people to see what's up. I need a definite reason for calling.

Spac3d

Banned
Jul 3, 2001
Sounds like me. Sometimes these relatives of mine call my parents and want to talk to me, but I don't even know their names. Why should I be forced to talk to these relatives who I have never heard of?

BD231

Lifer
Feb 26, 2001
Your not an asshole, your just lazy and b*tchy like most youth is. Say hello, answer the relatives questions and present them with no topics of conversation till you grow up and learn other people are what make life worthwhile. Oh yeah one more thing, quit ur bitchin!