Am happy with my new 9800 Pro, except...

jakobkraft

Golden Member
Jan 21, 2002
Quake 3 and Team Arena both open with unusually dark settings...I correct the brightness under Settings, apply it, but when I exit and restart the game, it's dim all over again. Anyone have any ideas why this is happening?

Dman877

Platinum Member
Jan 15, 2004
There's a fix for it. In the console, type cmdlist. I think you have to set something called hwgamma to 1. This is a bad guess but I think you have to type setahwgamma 1 but you should google for a quake3 tweak guide. You can also search in the quake3 config file for gamma and you should find it. Set it to 1 and the in-gamne brightness slider no longer works but it's usually birght enough with that setting.

jakobkraft

Golden Member
Jan 21, 2002
Originally posted by: Dman877
There's a fix for it. In the console, type cmdlist. I think you have to set something called hwgamma to 1. This is a bad guess but I think you have to type setahwgamma 1 but you should google for a quake3 tweak guide. You can also search in the quake3 config file for gamma and you should find it. Set it to 1 and the in-gamne brightness slider no longer works but it's usually birght enough with that setting.

Thank you:) The command was different, something like "setoverbright" from 1 to 0. But you got me on the right track, much oblige..!