nweaver

Diamond Member
Jan 21, 2001
I use it alot. (My company spun altiris off, before I cam on though). It's good for large deployments imho. I hate ghost after learning altiris. They have a one month 3 seat license demo on their website.

Agamar

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
I use it everyday. We have the complete deployment solution. I use the remote control very effectively. I rarely have to leave my console to actually appear in person. Some things are quirky, but once you learn how to deal with it, it is great.

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
Used it about 3 years ago. Cool tool but we ran into a problem when you stuck more than 50 computers on a single server. The application would start dropping clients.

I can only imagine\hope that is has got better since then ;)

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Alttiris makes many products. One we use is rapidinstall. Great app, and best of all, it's standalone. It will take a snapshot of your PC, you do changes, then take another snapshot, and make an installer to reproduce the changes. I made a deployment package for IE6/Java for the company I work for. It was a bit more complicated then just an IEAK and normal java installer, lot of custom patches etc... basically, try making a 1999 java applet work with 2003 apps... so yeah, had to make it happen, and did with that program.