Question alternative to a Dell U2419HC

quartzz1

Aug 11, 2018
hey...so...about to send back a Dell U2419H that I've been trying for 2 weeks

because....

display whites just don't look quite as bright and white - could be the anti glare coating
....which means I end up spending more time trying to adjust it using the buttons
....which are mounted underneath, and are horrible to press

it also has some features I dont need - portait, left/right. usb hub is 2-port, which is pretty poor (maybe standard, but 2 extra [imo] is poor).

I bought it because ;
came up in recommended reviews,
it's Dell
wasn't cheap, and I'm ok spending a bit extra to get a decent product

anyway

considering...
Samsung S24F350
ASUS VA249HE
ViewSonic VA2418-SH. (my existing viewsonic vx912 just went. I'm not 'brand faithful' - but....wotever?)

they are all about £100 - I dont mind spending more....but if a decent price is £100, it's £100

I might also add ViewSonic VP2458. it's nearly twice the price of the VA2418 above - appears to be because of better colour reproduction? the Dell is more expensive than the VP2458, so the VP2458 @ nearly twice is ok - I'm fine spending a bit more to get a better product

samsung and Asus are both decent names...Viewsonic because, why not

all from amazon (because...its as good as any)

so my main requirements are
windows work (decent crisp white image)
films - the things that are needed for good image quality - reasonable response and colour reproduction/blackish blacks
(basically IPS) ?

buttons that are actually useable

won't or barely using it for gaming - don't need 1ms response

I'll use amazon again. it's possible to return, the main reason.

Last edited:

quartzz1

Aug 11, 2018
erm...one last call

deciding between

Samsung S24E450B (£120)
ViewSonic VP2458 (reduced to £183 from £220 - professional colour monitor. so it might have a nicer display?)
ASUS VP249HR (£150)

quartzz1

Aug 11, 2018
if anyone was wondering, I boughty a Viewsonic VP2458

mainly because the image is brighter and/or crisper. the Dell U2419's display just didn't seem to be as crisp as it could be. might have been the anti glare coating

dear Viewsonic:whatever focus group decided to put the buttons on the rear (AND ON THE SIDE/REAR, of a monitor designed to be used as multi) - give that dept a b*ll*cking