Altec Lansing ATP3 speakers $29.99 or less (staples black friday)

AlanS

Jul 3, 2001
Staples has these listed for Friday, at $60 with $30 rebate = $30

For those with instore $10 off $40 it's only $20.

Info from Amazon... Got decent reviews there as well.

If you have limited desk space, consider the Altec Lansing ATP3 flat-panel 3-piece computer speaker system--a stylish, space-saving audio solution consisting of two tall, tower-shaped satellites and a larger, more conventional-looking subwoofer. Each 12-watt satellite encloses two 28-millimeter flattened-dome microdrivers capable of full midrange sound mounted atop a 3-inch midbass speaker firing down against your desk. The subwoofer has a 6.5-inch downward-firing cone, an 18-watt amplifier, and a wooden cabinet that adds power and low-frequency realism. The result of all this firepower is smooth, pleasant output throughout the audible range with deep, detailed bass. Three adjustable knobs on the right satellite control overall volume, bass, and treble. Designed for general-listening spaces, it comes without a headphone jack.

Could be combined in other combos I suppose.

DoobieOnline

Golden Member
Jan 12, 2001
$20, or even $30 for these speakers is a steal. I picked up a pair for my work system because they don't take up much space but they have the best sound quality of any 2-channel setup I've heard in this price range. 2 tweeters & 1 midrange in each satellite, and the sub isn't overwhelming (not incredibly powerful but gets the job done for sure). Great deal!

psteng19

Diamond Member
Dec 9, 2000
Does BLACK FRIDAY mean that it's only available on Friday?
Or it starts Friday and lasts thru weekend (or until OOS)?

TIA :D

spanky

Lifer
Jun 19, 2001
Originally posted by: psteng19
Does BLACK FRIDAY mean that it's only available on Friday?
Or it starts Friday and lasts thru weekend (or until OOS)?

TIA :D

usually means friday between the weee early morning hours and noon. or something like that.

AlanS

Jul 3, 2001
I think this particular deal is good for friday and saturday. I think there will be other items for the morning hours. That said, I don't know how many of these they will stock.

SCSIfreek

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2000
been waiting for a deal on speakers for my second computer. These will do just fine. :)

--Scsi

T2T III

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Yes! These are great speakers. I've been using mine for well over a year. I'm not into "surround" sound for my computer, so these fit neatly on my desk and sound wonderful. Thanks for posting this great deal.

Previously, the lowest price these speakers could be purchased for was $39.99 at your local Costco. However, that was about 4 months ago and I haven't seen them in stock for at least a couple of months at my local store. I paid $58 for my and a computer show when Staples was selling them for $99.99.

XLR8R

Apr 10, 2002
If you're feeling really greedy, you may want to try pricematching to this site.

Their price: $41 + (staples Pricematch policy assumed $5 shipping) = $46
110% PM guarantee $60-15.40 = 44.60 (- $10 off $40 coupon) (- $30 rebate) = $4.60 + (tax on $34.60)!

Geotext

Nov 8, 2002
Originally posted by: XLR8R
If you're feeling really greedy, you may want to try pricematching to this site.

110% PM guarantee $60-15.40 = 44.60 (- $10 off $40 coupon) (- $30 rebate) = $4.60 + (tax on $34.60)!

Wouldn't they try to void the $10 off coupon when pricematching? Which would bring the deal to $14.60. Still good but not as simple as the original deal for just a $5 difference.

dlaw

Golden Member
Oct 18, 2001
I heard my friend's one with a wooden sub....the sub sounds pretty good.....how about this baby? Seems like a good deal to me.

SCSIfreek

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2000
Originally posted by: XLR8R

STaples CSR's are smart nowadays. They'll call compuplus for a overnight shipping cost and add that to your final price match. I have tried it before and they won't do it.

--Scsi

kewldealspdx

Oct 28, 2002
These guys don't have a jack to plug in your headphones if you don't want to disturb others. That's the drawback. Any comments....

Z80

Jan 29, 2001
I got the Logitech Z-560's at Amazon for a cool $99 AR delivered :D Once you feel the BASS you never go back to these toy speakers
rolleye.gif

AlanS

Jul 3, 2001
Actually you could order this online with the 10 off 50 but they may not price adjust, so it's risky. Sometimes they make the discount an instant rebate not combinable with coupons. You won't know till they adjust the website at some point. I ordered anyway and will just cancel if they won't take the coupon. Why do I suspect I'll be canceling. Rebate starts on the 28th.

mithrandir2001

Diamond Member
May 1, 2001
Originally posted by: kewldealspdx
These guys don't have a jack to plug in your headphones if you don't want to disturb others. That's the drawback. Any comments....
Yes, this is the biggest problem with the ATP3. I have a dedicated headphone extension cord stuck into one of the jacks of my Santa Cruz to get around this.

The wooden sub sounds fantastic (for a system under $100). It's not necessarily loud but it produces a tight musical sound rather than a boomy/distorted noise. You can really feel the punchiness of the sub if you place it on the floor. The satellites also sound clear and midrange/vocals are well rendered.

dlaw

Golden Member
Oct 18, 2001
Originally posted by: mithrandir2001
Yes, this is the biggest problem with the ATP3. I have a dedicated headphone extension cord stuck into one of the jacks of my Santa Cruz to get around this.

The wooden sub sounds fantastic (for a system under $100). It's not necessarily loud but it produces a tight musical sound rather than a boomy/distorted noise. You can really feel the punchiness of the sub if you place it on the floor. The satellites also sound clear and midrange/vocals are well rendered.

Do you mean this one is wooden? It doesn't look like it is.... how is it compare to the wooden one? Will this thing be boomy?

T2T III

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: dlaw
Originally posted by: mithrandir2001

Do you mean this one is wooden? It doesn't look like it is.... how is it compare to the wooden one? Will this thing be boomy?
Yes, the sub is wooden. The sub is covered in vinyl veneer. What makes it appear as being non-wooden are the molded plastic pieces which have been added to to the top and the bottom of the sub to give it more of an updated look. The plastic pieces are just there for appearance. However, the enclosure itself is in fact wooden.

omigosh68

Nov 22, 2002
I just picked these up at Staples Holy Crap!! These sound fantastic.
No Crowds in Brooklyn, NY on Black Friday. Applied my $10 off $40 card I got in mail. $20 total AR.
The wife is gonna have a cow when she sees I bought more speakers, but I couldnt resist.

The headphone problem is workaroundable. If you only have one output from your soundcard you can by a splitter from Radio Shack for about $3 and plug the headphones into one and the speakers into another.

-I think Black Friday is my new favorite Holiday!!!!!

T2T III

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: omigosh68
I just picked these up at Staples Holy Crap!! These sound fantastic.
No Crowds in Brooklyn, NY on Black Friday. Applied my $10 off $40 card I got in mail. $20 total AR.
The wife is gonna have a cow when she sees I bought more speakers, but I couldnt resist.

The headphone problem is workaroundable. If you only have one output from your soundcard you can by a splitter from Radio Shack for about $3 and plug the headphones into one and the speakers into another.

-I think Black Friday is my new favorite Holiday!!!!!
I've been using a "Y" adapter with my headphones / ATP3 speakers for quite some time now. Never an issue.

ICR5

Golden Member
Nov 13, 2002
Just got home from getting one locally.. i used the $10.00 off Staples coupon, and final price was $49.99+tax.
The code was used in person, i told the friendly clerk that my printer was not working, and she honored it and it rang $49.99.. now with the $30.00 MIR, final net cost is $19.99.. not bad for some decent sounding speakers..