Alpha Centauri Kicks Ass!

eldorado99

Lifer
Feb 16, 2004
All this time I have been avoiding Alpha Centauri because I didn't like how sci-fi it was. I have been sticking only to Civ for my turn based strategy goodness. I guess I should have listened to PCG. Anyway, that is all.

RadioHead84

Platinum Member
Jan 8, 2004
Actually I got that game a long time ago and when compared to Civ it sucks in my opinion. Its very slow...story sucks...and very depressing setting. The rating that it got from PCGamer is very weird. I read in another issuse that the score they got..(I think like a 97) is one of the only scores that the office didnt totally agree on giving. Apparently the guy that wrote the review insisted on giving it that high of a percent and not all of the writters agree with them

Sunbird

Golden Member
Jul 20, 2001
Nothing can ever beat the Civ for turn based strategy, and I so love Descent and F15 Strike Eagle 2 (note: also a Sid Meier game, man, I carried a floppy with it everywhere to play on any computer I came across, heck, I wish I still had it to play!)

RadioHead84

Platinum Member
Jan 8, 2004
Originally posted by: Sunbird
Nothing can ever beat the Civ for turn based strategy, and I so love Descent and F15 Strike Eagle 2 (man, I carried a floppy with it everywhere to play on any computer I came across, heck, I wish I still had it to play!)

Man i remember when i was in 4th grade. I always had a floppy disk with me so that during breaks or during some classes I could pop it in and continue my world domination with the zulus. Deff a great game.

Banana

Diamond Member
Jun 3, 2001
SMAC is fun, but combat with lots of units can be a pain! Planet busters are a fun toy.

LordMorpheus

Diamond Member
Aug 14, 2002
Awesome game. I've played huge planet on the harder difficulty levels many times. So much fun.