Alonzo Mourning out for the year

BigSmooth

Lifer
Aug 18, 2000
Apparently, that kidney ailment he has is bad enough that he can't play and may eventually need a transplant. It sucks for Heat fans, and I think Zo is a great competitor whom I enjoy watching play. Hopefully, he can make a Sean Elliot-style comeback.

burnedout

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 1999
Most certainly do I wish Zo and family the best of luck. Lot of respect for the man. He's got heart.

This happened quick. A few weeks ago he was jammin' it through the hoop and hitting free throws for USA basketball. Now he's preparing to undergo treatment.

His doctors didn't say for sure if he would need a transplant. Hopefully not.

Anyway, here's wishing he comes back better than ever.

prodigy

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Best of luck to 'Zo. I hope he comes back next season, I miss the Knicks-Heat rivalry already. :)

Swoopman

Sep 25, 2000
Zo's been my fav player since his days back in Charlotte, and the Heat has been my fav team since Riley and Hardaway joined up. It does suck, but don't count the Heat out yet. They still have Grant, Hardaway, Jones, Mason, Marjle, House, and Carter. They also get $4 million sallary cap room to try to compensate for the loss. They should still make the Finals, even if they do lose to the Lakers in 4.

mztykal

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2000
I know. The Heat woulda DEFINETLY been play-off contenders this year! They have a kick-ass team. But without Zo they're weak down low. I hope he gets better soon so I don't have to watch the Indiana Pacers or Los Angeles Lakers go to any more championship games.

In case you're wondering, my fav team is the Phoenix Suns! :)

JASON KIDD IS GOD!

-Sean