All those Gays getting married in San Francisco...

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Nitemare

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
Originally posted by: SweetSweetLeroyBrown
...it's a great thing.

It's like a big "EF YOU" to the socially conservative crowd.

While I don't often agree with you...

:beer:

Cheers

EvilYoda

Lifer
Apr 1, 2001
I personally think it's a great thing, and would be really happy for my friends if that's what their orientation is. But, I'm out in Michigan, with surprisingly few homosexual friends.

Nitemare

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
Originally posted by: xchangx
What I'm wondering is... what's the difference between this and the ten commandments in Alabama?

Gays have more flair and style than bible thumpers?

This is also Cali.

Originally posted by: GTaudiophile
I love how the city government in SF is perfectly willing to break state law and not give a damn.

Sound like anarchy to you?
Law this law that. Do you ever think about humanity before you think about legality?
Of course not, that would require breaking the law!

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: dquan97
Originally posted by: SaintGRW
I'm still hoping for the quake that separates CA from the states and it sinks :x:

How about JUST San Francisco?
If that were to happen all the Gays would be moving into your hometowns!

Fausto

Elite Member
Nov 29, 2000
Originally posted by: Red Dawn
I'm still hoping for the quake that separates CA from the states and it sinks :x:

So.....Atlantans are the gay "reserve forces" in case SF were to fall into the ocean?

/conspiracy

:p

gopunk

Lifer
Jul 7, 2001
Originally posted by: Maleficus
What I'm wondering is... what's the difference between this and the ten commandments in Alabama?
The Gays aren't on permanant display in the Courthouse

Nope they're permanently displayed everywhere...

don't you know it... last time i checked into a motel there was a gay in the bedside drawer!

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: Fausto

So.....Atlantans are the gay "reserve forces" in case SF were to fall into the ocean?

/conspiracy

:p
Have thong will travel?

Nitemare

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
Originally posted by: gopunk
Originally posted by: Maleficus
The Gays aren't on permanant display in the Courthouse

Nope they're permanently displayed everywhere...

don't you know it... last time i checked into a motel there was a gay in the bedside drawer!

Guess the Gideons are having to diversify now

PatboyX

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2001

well...im guessing the big difference is these people are not going to be nailed up to the wall there (although im sure there are a few folks who would love to see it)

Toasthead

Diamond Member
Aug 27, 2001
Is SF getting a fat marriage license fee from all these couples? If they are they are FREAKING BRILLIANT. I think this is a motivation behind it. CA cities need money bad, and what better way than taking advantage of their residents?

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: Toasthead
Is SF getting a fat marriage lisence fee from all these couples? If they are they are FREAKING BRILLIANT. I think this is a motivation behind it. CA cities need money bad, and what better way than taking advantage of their residents?

Brilliant!

Dragnov

Diamond Member
Apr 24, 2001
"I think in America the gay people should be allowed to get married. But when you see Beyonce, why would you want to be gay?" - Charles Barkley

Because she looked like a freakin Banshee and sang like one (if you can call that singing) at the NBA All Star Game. Ack.