All of the things millenials are killing (suggest additions inside)

pete6032

Diamond Member
Dec 3, 2010
All you millennial haters were right. We ARE murderers.

From Reddit:

AT0DRAT.jpg

Svnla

Lifer
Nov 10, 2003
I read last week that the M group is largely responsible for the downfall/cutting back of fast casual restaurants such as AppleBee's and Buffalo Wings.

Reactions: PliotronX

cbrunny

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 2007
Millennials... early 1980s to early 2000s. Anyone from about 17 to about 37 years old.

everyone posting here should be required to post their age. I'm 30.

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
I'm 39 and a vast majority of those weren't "killed" by Millennials. It was gross overindulgence by the Boomers that caused it. Millennials were brought into adulthood during a major recession where money was tight, college education was inflated beyond control, wages had stagnated, housing was inflated and jobs were shitty. Their expendable income was very low. That's not their fault.

PricklyPete

Lifer
Sep 17, 2002
I'm 39 and a vast majority of those weren't "killed" by Millennials. It was gross overindulgence by the Boomers that caused it. Millennials were brought into adulthood during a major recession where money was tight, college education was inflated beyond control, wages had stagnated, housing was inflated and jobs were shitty. Their expendable income was very low. That's not their fault.

I'm 39 as well and support this statement.

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com
GTFO of here with that logic

KB

Diamond Member
Nov 8, 1999
I heard millennials killed Santa Claus and the Easter bunny too. :)

I read last week that the M group is largely responsible for the downfall/cutting back of fast casual restaurants such as AppleBee's and Buffalo Wings.

The CEO of Applebees came out and said that millennials love Applebees. The problem is there are too many restaurants that serve the same food. Ruby Tuesdays, Chillis, Applebees, Dave's Ribs, Frisco Taphouse and every bar/Taphouse have the same stuff so they are all sharing the same slice of pie.

Reactions: Ken g6 and Thebobo

JM Aggie08

Diamond Member
Jan 3, 2006
Millennial here -- you can't kill what's already dead.

Finger-pointing is a fun way to make yourself feel unaccountable for your own actions, isn't it, you bitter old fucks?

Reactions: lamedude and Pick2

FeuerFrei

Diamond Member
Mar 30, 2005
I heard a lot about Generation X in my day. I don't remember much talk of "killing" though.

The CEO of Applebees came out and said that millennials love Applebees. ..

The parent company of Applebees and IHOP will be closing less than 200 stores this year. Supposedly, they suffered from efforts to appeal to a wealthier customer base, pushing away their core customers.

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
Clearly they haven't killed lazy journalism or dull-witted headline writers, so at least we've still got that.

PS - come to think of it, a fair proportion of those examples needed killing. Well done Millennials. Golf had it coming.

(And did they plan to kill serendipity or was it just a fortunate accident?)

PJFrylar

Apr 17, 2016

I'm 30, and I would agree with this.

ponyo

Lifer
Feb 14, 2002
M group is the only ones with taste. Keep up the good work.

IEC

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Jun 10, 2004
Schools started teaching what to think, instead of how to think.
Media started telling people how they should feel rather than reporting the facts.
The ability to think critically about the world around them was largely lost in Millennials, except for stupid meaningless shit like how to get their Facebook/Instagram/Twitter/Snapchat follower counts up. Being a unique snowflake helps with that. Gotta stop the evil corporations as you flaunt your Prada handbag and your Gucci whatevers. But heaven forbid you should offend any of the snowflakes or point out their blatant hypocrisies - they will literally shake and melt in front of your eyes.

JM Aggie08

Diamond Member
Jan 3, 2006
Schools started teaching what to think, instead of how to think.
Media started telling people how they should feel rather than reporting the facts.
The ability to think critically about the world around them was largely lost in Millennials, except for stupid meaningless shit like how to get their Facebook/Instagram/Twitter/Snapchat follower counts up. Being a unique snowflake helps with that. Gotta stop the evil corporations as you flaunt your Prada handbag and your Gucci whatevers. But heaven forbid you should offend any of the snowflakes or point out their blatant hypocrisies - they will literally shake and melt in front of your eyes.

Lol.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
False! See the Facebook feed of anyone >45. That killed comedy.

Don't reply saying you don't use Facebook -- that's beside the point.

well I don't have facebook! :D

what I mean by killing comedy is that tons of stand-up comedians are refusing to do campus shows because college kids can't get through a show these days without being offended at every god damn thing. Buncha jackasses. :D

Mar 11, 2004
well I don't have facebook! :D

what I mean by killing comedy is that tons of stand-up comedians are refusing to do campus shows because college kids can't get through a show these days without being offended at every god damn thing. Buncha jackasses. :D

Ok Seinfeld. Oh no, people use to pay me money to say outrageous shit, now they tell me to go fuck myself!?! Oh no the world is changing. Pretty sure there's nothing preventing hacks like Seinfeld from getting a permit to go somewhere public and spout their inane observations if they're actually that upset about people not being able to listen to them. The truth is they're just pissy because people have so much other entertainment that listening to random assholes offer their opinions on various topics is something they can easily find for free on the internet. No need to go spend money at comedy clubs to spend on overpriced drinks and probably random drunken asshole hecklers.