All I want for Christmas is RDR2!

paperfist

Diamond Member
Nov 30, 2000
www.the-teh.com
Holy cow did you guys see Red Dead Redemption 2?!!

Clearly if it also launched on PC sales would be pushing over a billion bucks.

Any bets on if it’ll make it to PC? I don’t recall the 1st doing such.

maevinj

Nov 20, 2004
Holy cow did you guys see Red Dead Redemption 2?!!

Clearly if it also launched on PC sales would be pushing over a billion bucks.

Any bets on if it’ll make it to PC? I don’t recall the 1st doing such.
I don't know if I would want it since it would be a port and not built for PC. Or I should say , I wouldn't want to pay full price for it..

DeathReborn

Platinum Member
Oct 11, 2005
No RDR1 means no RDR2 and Rockstar sticking the middle finger up at the machine that they used to build their "empire".

ImpulsE69

Lifer
Jan 8, 2010
I've never played the first one. I know it is well liked, I might grab a cheap copy on ebay.

Artorias

Platinum Member
Feb 8, 2014
RDR2 will come to PC based on some recent leaks. I think summer of 2019 would be a good bet.

I don't believe the 1st game will come to PC because of its spaghetti code.

paperfist

Diamond Member
Nov 30, 2000
www.the-teh.com
I don't know if I would want it since it would be a port and not built for PC. Or I should say , I wouldn't want to pay full price for it..

It's been a while since I was in a port war type of thread, but aren't all games pretty much made on a PC anyway?

Artorias

Platinum Member
Feb 8, 2014

It's been a while since I was in a port war type of thread, but aren't all games pretty much made on a PC anyway?

RDR2 is built for the PC from the ground up, i'm not a Rockstar fanboy but they know their way around the PC platform.

Anyways, here is confirmation of a PC version existing with all the good eye candy settings we will be getting.

The gta forums have regular leakers and all signs point towards a PC release. Hold of until next year and play the game it was meant to be played.

https://gtaforums.com/topic/914375-rdr2-pc-discussion/?do=findComment&comment=1070508727

Stg-Flame

Diamond Member
Mar 10, 2007
No RDR1 means no RDR2 and Rockstar sticking the middle finger up at the machine that they used to build their "empire".
This doesn't even make any sense.

I'm holding out for the PC version. If in a year we don't hear anything, I'll grab a PS4 cheap somewhere and pick it up. I bought three PS3s on launch strictly to resell them at a profit (I was living in my car and poor, sue me) but I bought the one I still use about two years later for $200. I can do the same with the PS4.

GodisanAtheist

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2006
I really wish more devs would take a look at the western genre as a setting in general, even if they go into genre mash-up territory like "Westworld".

Hopefully RDR2 spawns a number of high quality clones/western themed games that increase the number of options for the aficionados out there.

paperfist

Diamond Member
Nov 30, 2000
www.the-teh.com
I really wish more devs would take a look at the western genre as a setting in general, even if they go into genre mash-up territory like "Westworld".

Hopefully RDR2 spawns a number of high quality clones/western themed games that increase the number of options for the aficionados out there.

I think the last western I played (yes I’m old, no ancient) was Law of the West for the C-64. I’ve been clamoring for another one since then.

Last edited:

DeathReborn

Platinum Member
Oct 11, 2005
This doesn't even make any sense.

I'm holding out for the PC version. If in a year we don't hear anything, I'll grab a PS4 cheap somewhere and pick it up. I bought three PS3s on launch strictly to resell them at a profit (I was living in my car and poor, sue me) but I bought the one I still use about two years later for $200. I can do the same with the PS4.

If you want the story from RDR1 you have to play it on a console, I think RDR1 should appear on PC before RDR2 does.

I think the last western I played (yes I’m old, no ancient) was Law of the West for the C-64. I’ve been clamoring for another one since then.

Did you miss the Call of Juarez series?

Reactions: paperfist

quikah

Diamond Member
Apr 7, 2003
You can play RDR1 on PC through PSNow. I have no experience with that service, but the Google stream service for Assassin Creed Odyssey is OK on a 25Mb line, though there is noticeable compression and lag often (granted I am sharing my internet).

Stg-Flame

Diamond Member
Mar 10, 2007
If you want the story from RDR1 you have to play it on a console,
You can grab a PS3 for under $100 and I found my copy of RDR for $10 at Target a few years ago. If the story is really worth it (though I'd say the game definitely is), then it's not going to be too hard. Not to mention you can play RDR on your PC via PSNow as quikah pointed out.

paperfist

Diamond Member
Nov 30, 2000
www.the-teh.com
If you want the story from RDR1 you have to play it on a console, I think RDR1 should appear on PC before RDR2 does.

Did you miss the Call of Juarez series?

For some reason something about it didn't appeal to me and I never checked it out.

Gun came out quite a while back (2005), I enjoyed it.

hmm I never seen that one before. Looks pretty cool and has some great reviews.

sze5003

Lifer
Aug 18, 2012
If you want to play the first one I hear the performance is better on Xbox. Since PS4 doesn't have backwards compatibility you would need to play it via psnow which is slow and not very well optimized for a streaming service even on a 1gb FiOS line.

There are some deals right now where you can get $100 off an Xbox one X if you buy red dead redemption 2. I have it for PS4 pro but since I still have Xbox games and I gave my Xbox to my brother I was thinking of picking up the X again. The Xbox plays red dead 2 at native 4k so I'm curious how much better it would look on my current 4k tv. Even though the PS4 pro version looks phenomenal already.

mooncancook

Platinum Member
May 28, 2003
I couldn't get far into RDR1 on ps3 coz it gave me motion sickness. If it comes to pc I'll probably get it, though definitely not at full price.

Last edited: