Alien Isolation for $2.00 on Steam

GodisanAtheist

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2006
Good for the next 38 hours as of this posting.

Posted in Hot Deals and figured it would be appreciated here as well. Always interested in the game but I generally don't like survival horror these days (tend to push tension by making it tough to save, and I don't got time for that) but for $2 as a huge Alien fan, I'm willing to give it a shot.

Artorias

Platinum Member
Feb 8, 2014
Most faithful recreation of Alien in video game format. You will be redacted bricks and you wont be disappointed.

Profanity is not allowed in the tech forums.

AT Mod Usandthem

Last edited by a moderator:

GodisanAtheist

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2006
Most faithful recreation of Alien in video game format. You will be redacted bricks and you wont be disappointed.

- I hope I can keep my *redacted* together long enough to actually make it to the end.

It's funny how as a kid I always thought Aliens was the better movie, but as an adult I find Alien to be truly sublime (Aliens is still an incredible action movie though).

Reactions: Artorias

DigDog

Lifer
Jun 3, 2011
$10-ish for the whole package (8 GBP), the game and 8 DLCs.
uh... i think i may have to buy this. I spent more just now in beer and nachos.

Reactions: Artorias

GodisanAtheist

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2006
Any suggestions on the best DLC for the game? I spent $2 on the base game, which leaves me $3 on DLC if I want it (strict $5 rule until I play down the backlog).

Anything really enhance the core experience or is it all just forgettable filler?

Artorias

Platinum Member
Feb 8, 2014
Any suggestions on the best DLC for the game? I spent $2 on the base game, which leaves me $3 on DLC if I want it (strict $5 rule until I play down the backlog).

Anything really enhance the core experience or is it all just forgettable filler?

The two I suggest are Last Survivor and Crew Expendable. They are recreations of the iconic scenes from the first movie, its short but worth it for anyone who really enjoyed the movie like yourself. The rest are challenges and trials.

Reactions: GodisanAtheist

BFG10K

Lifer
Aug 14, 2000
Seems like yet another walking-hide-simulator along with tapping the 'use' key occasionally so far. But for $2 it's OK I guess.

TheELF

Diamond Member
Dec 22, 2012
- Whoa, we got a guy with standards over here :p
Well if you can't immerse yourself into the game then that's what this is you are just trying to restore the power to every new room and find the way to the next,I have the same problem.
It's still a beautiful and very faithful recreation of the world so it's still money well spend just for that but people that can immerse themselves will have a much better time with this.

GodisanAtheist

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2006
Well if you can't immerse yourself into the game then that's what this is you are just trying to restore the power to every new room and find the way to the next,I have the same problem.
It's still a beautiful and very faithful recreation of the world so it's still money well spend just for that but people that can immerse themselves will have a much better time with this.

- Yeah, I was reading as part of the negative reviews was that the actual gameplay loop for this game is very basic: Walk, Walk, Walk *alien shows up* hide, run, hide, run, hide... repeat ad nauseum until the level ends. Then do the same thing on the next level.

I've never been a huge fan of that style of gameplay so I guess I am one of those people that hopefully gets into the experience enough that the core gameplay doesn't completely bore me.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
- Yeah, I was reading as part of the negative reviews was that the actual gameplay loop for this game is very basic: Walk, Walk, Walk *alien shows up* hide, run, hide, run, hide... repeat ad nauseum until the level ends. Then do the same thing on the next level.

I've never been a huge fan of that style of gameplay so I guess I am one of those people that hopefully gets into the experience enough that the core gameplay doesn't completely bore me.
AvP 2 was excellent because it had a variety of missions in each campaign.
I still miss playing it, but I dont think its on Steam.