Alex Jones got spanked in court.

Page 10 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

KMFJD

Lifer
Aug 11, 2005
And yet Eisenhower had no problem installing brutal totalarian governments

Iran (1953); Guatemala(1954); Thailand (1957); Laos (1958-60); the Congo (1960); Turkey (1960); Ecuador (1961 & 1963); South Vietnam (1963)

'good president'

On January 17, 1961, at the end of his second term in office, President Dwight Eisenhower tried to pull back the reins on U.S. military intervention in other countries with his warning about the military industrial complex. But he did not apply that same restraint to covert CIA interventions in other countries — covert interventions that he worked very hard to protect and keep secret from Congress and the public.

Last edited:

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
He's about to get spanked again. This time in Connecticut, where there is no appicable punitive damages cap.

Evidently, a corporate lawyer employeds by Jones' company testified as a company representative, and made several damaging admissions.

Essentially she admits that Jones does no independent research, which he claims to do, but that he gets the conspiracy theories from elsewhere without fact checking, and bases his decisions on whether Google Analytics suggest high ratings which in turn will help him sell more "supplements."

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
He's about to get spanked again. This time in Connecticut, where there is no appicable punitive damages cap.

Evidently, a corporate lawyer employeds by Jones' company testified as a company representative, and made several damaging admissions.

Essentially she admits that Jones does no independent research, which he claims to do, but that he gets the conspiracy theories from elsewhere without fact checking, and bases his decisions on whether Google Analytics suggest high ratings which in turn will help him sell more "supplements."

What I find amazing is that people still follow him despite knowing that his whole schtick is to just sell supplements. Like what exactly is his appeal?

Reactions: dank69

nickqt

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2015
What I find amazing is that people still follow him despite knowing that his whole schtick is to just sell supplements. Like what exactly is his appeal?
He is a high-ranking member of the in-group they identify with. Doesn't matter if he picks their pockets and shits in their shoes.

Submitting to a rightful authority figure is like the whole point of being a right-wing authoritarian.

Trying to use reason and logic to determine the why beyond that is pointless.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
He is a high-ranking member of the in-group they identify with. Doesn't matter if he picks their pockets and shits in their shoes.

Submitting to a rightful authority figure is like the whole point of being a right-wing authoritarian.

Trying to use reason and logic to determine the why beyond that is pointless.

I guess that’s why I struggle.

Reactions: hal2kilo and nickqt

interchange

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
Alex being the typical classy deplorable in court:

He seems to be implying that these parents’ shows of emotion aren’t real…perhaps because liberals aren’t real people to him, he thinks they can just turn emotions on and off at will??

This makes me curious about what it must be like to witness emotional expression and regulation for someone who lacks empathy and regulatory capability. What conclusions must someone draw about what's going on in the minds of others?

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Alex being the typical classy deplorable in court:

He seems to be implying that these parents’ shows of emotion aren’t real…perhaps because liberals aren’t real people to him, he thinks they can just turn emotions on and off at will??
I think what is happening is that the lawyer, in describing his behavior is turning on the emotions of utter loathing and disgust that are generated by a person of his moral character and he objects to this because in his own personal opinion he is a saint that is innocently incapable of seeing any of it. And the reason for that is that he is a psychopath that renders him incapable of experiencing empathy. The moral shame that most people would experience doing the dirt he has done is dead in him.

• Love
Reactions: Lezunto

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
This makes me curious about what it must be like to witness emotional expression and regulation for someone who lacks empathy and regulatory capability. What conclusions must someone draw about what's going on in the minds of others?
Hehe, I started my post before I saw this as I was interrupted by a phone call.

I think what I said was my theory on what it must be like.

Lezunto

Golden Member
Oct 24, 2020
Moonbeam nailed it. When Alex Jones exclaimed that he is "done being sorry" on the stand, he is proving Moonbeam's point.

In Jones' mind, what he has done should not even be an issue.

Reactions: Number1

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
Good. Let him show arrogance. Let him rant and rave in front of a jury who is going to decide if he gets to retain a plug nickel after this is over. Let him act like he believes he did nothing wrong when it's already been legally established in the case that he maliciously defamed the plaintiffs. So let him show no humility or contrition. He already got stung for $50 mil in punitive damages in the Texas case. This one has 8 plaintiffs. Maybe they can add a zero to that.

Just like with Trump, narcissists can be their own worst enemies.

Roger Wilco

Diamond Member
Mar 20, 2017
How is that amazing? I couldn't watch past 60 seconds. That interviewer let him interrupt everything he said and go off ranting like a child.

A large portion (maybe the majority) of the video is not Alex Jones being interviewed. I think the video is very well done and worth watching imo.

eelw

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 1999
Jury decision on damages done. Just waiting to be announced. But though Texas law on punitive damages was bad. Connecticut is only lawyer fees

allisolm

Elite Member
Administrator
Jan 2, 2001
Last edited:
  • Love

eelw

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 1999
Lol doh judge crossing the T’s and dotting the I’s. Forcing the jury to go back in because fore person has to initial each page

Thump553

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
Lol doh judge crossing the T’s and dotting the I’s. Forcing the jury to go back in because fore person has to initial each page

Nothing wrong with that-it is certain that Jones will appeal and will certainly claim that the most minor procedural error was prejudicial to his rights. If being extra careful delays things a half hour now, it's well worth it.