Alex Jones got spanked in court.

Page 9 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Mar 11, 2004
It makes me want to vomit. Any sense of decency has left the republican party.

Oh boy, you're really not gonna be happy once you found out what they've been up to the previous 4-6 years... Better check into a hospital to get an IV as you're gonna be throwing up so much you'll die if you don't get treatment.

• Haha
Reactions: Meghan54 and Leeea

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
ANYWAY

Here is to hoping this is the first among many lawsuits that begins to take us out of this “post truth” culture.

Reactions: Leeea

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
yeah that purported decency died with Ronnie's terms.

Perhaps Number1 is ancient enough to remember Eisenhower? I think one can acknowledge there was still a trace of decency in that party at that point.

And it has been a continuous process of degradation. Even Reagan wasn't quite as totally bereft of any positive qualities as Trump.

Just as it's been a dramatic decline here from Thatcher to Johnson (and, now, probably, Truss). There's a difference between an enemy that you consider wicked but can respect on some level, at least of basic competence, and one where you just can't believe this is the best the country can come up with now.

Reactions: Captante

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
Perhaps Number1 is ancient enough to remember Eisenhower? I think one can acknowledge there was still a trace of decency in that party at that point.

And it has been a continuous process of degradation. Even Reagan wasn't quite as totally bereft of any positive qualities as Trump.

Just as it's been a dramatic decline here from Thatcher to Johnson (and, now, probably, Truss). There's a difference between an enemy that you consider wicked but can respect on some level, at least of basic competence, and one where you just can't believe this is the best the country can come up with now.
Truss is the front runner for your next PM? God help you

• Wow

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003

Eisenhower tried to warn us. :confused:

Much as I despise Trump, he was spot-on about the "endless war".

Last edited:
Reactions: DaaQ and hal2kilo

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
Truss is the front runner for your next PM? God help you

Yup, now the 'favourite'. Her only policies seem to be promising £50 billion in tax cuts. While somehow increasing defence spending. Hopefully she's living in cloud-cuckoo land, and will have a bit of a shock when she has to face the _actual_ electorate (rather than the few tens of thousands of deranged old farts that make up the Tory membership).

Meanwhile climate-change and the inflation/Russian gas crisis seem to be combining into one giant crisis. But Truss chooses not to even mention the issue.

Norway has drawn up plans to ration electricity exports in a move that has heightened fears of energy shortages in the UK and Europe this winter.

The government in Oslo on Monday announced new rules limiting the sale of power to foreign countries as heatwaves threaten Norway’s hydroelectric power generation.

Experts said the restrictions threatened the UK’s plan to draw power from Norway this winter via the North Sea Link - leaving electricity supplies more stretched and risking even higher bills for consumers.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
Not only is that lady a real piece of work but her name is TRUSS. :oops:

IMG_3804.jpg

This does not bode well.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: ch33zw1z

DaaQ

Golden Member
Dec 8, 2018
Eisenhower tried to warn us. :confused:

Much as I despise Trump, he was spot-on about the "endless war".
What stood out to me, was the phrase "Becoming a community of dreadful fear and hate" also "Those that are ignorant of poverty, disease and ignorance will be made to disappear from the Earth"

Thank you for that for it was before my time.

I think the one thing He did not anticipate was the GREED, of the world.

One of the true great American Presidents. I am kind of speechless atm, I had to pause rewind and make sure I had the quotes right.

Thank you for this post.