Alan Wake worth it?

Red Hawk

Diamond Member
Jan 1, 2011
Need advice quick. It's the Steam community choice for the next 3 hours. Anyone played it and can say if it's good?

HeXen

Diamond Member
Dec 13, 2009
I liked it and i don't often care for 3rd person games. Keep in mind the enemies get old cause their all the same, but it's actually pretty interesting game with interesting locations..best use of lighting i've ever seen. It's worth the Steam deal. Good controls, good but strange story, not that scary but it has it's moments, good graphics and it keeps you interested to keep moving. Just lacks some boss fights and variety in enemies imo is it's only con.

Dankk

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2008
Great action/adventure game with a creepy atmosphere. A bit repetitive, but it makes up for that with a great storyline and characters. It's presented like a TV series, and you play the game in episodes. Good PC port with great graphics to boot.

UberNeuman

Lifer
Nov 4, 1999
Is buying Alan Wake worth it?

Is taking a next breath worth it?

\course it is - the DLC is a total ass kicker...
\\at this price - the game is a steal....

Demo24

Diamond Member
Aug 5, 2004
Yep, but I had to use an xbox controller as the mouse seemed to move too fast for it and it would blur/artifact when I moved around.

Childs

Lifer
Jul 9, 2000
The story is pretty good. I watched a playthrough on Youtube and enjoyed it. I was just going to buy it now and play it myself, and I apparently already bought it! hahaha damn Steam sales.

coldmeat

Diamond Member
Jul 10, 2007
I couldn't get into it. The dialogue and writing was just too... I don't know, cheesy I guess. Maybe that was on purpose, cause he's supposed to be a writer, but it was bad enough to make me cringe.

power_hour

Oct 16, 2010
Damnit. I was about to pull the trigger than I got pulled away and I when I come over sale over. Mother Fuuuuuuudger