Alabama un-bans yoga but still bans the word Namaste

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013

Yoga has been banned in Alabama schools since 1993 when the ban was pushed by conservative cancel culture.

To make the bill more palatable to anti-cancel culture conservatives, no foreign words can be used when describing yoga poses, and are banned from saying the greeting Namaste. And 25 voted against letting Yoga happen even still.

Talk about cancel culture.

compcons

Platinum Member
Oct 22, 2004
The sooner the hard right conservatives disappear from politics, the better. It's like just *knowing* something exists is just too much for their primordial little brains to handle. If it offends you, don't let your child do it. Fuck up your own kids, don't mess with mine.

pauldun170

Diamond Member
Sep 26, 2011
I can't stop laughing....
I don't know why but this has me cracking up.
It's been 3 minutes...

pauldun170

Diamond Member
Sep 26, 2011
Did you read the part about the anti-cancel culture conservatives who voted to keep yoga canceled because they got lots of emails concerned about the influence of Hinduism?

Damn it...you got me laughing again!!!

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005

Yoga has been banned in Alabama schools since 1993 when the ban was pushed by conservative cancel culture.

To make the bill more palatable to anti-cancel culture conservatives, no foreign words can be used when describing yoga poses, and are banned from saying the greeting Namaste. And 25 voted against letting Yoga happen even still.

The devil enters your heart when you say Namaste. If kids say that they will start reading the Koran and practicing black magic from Harry Potter, while performing abortions and turning gay by being trans and peeing in the wrong bath rooms. Dogs and cats living together, it will bring hell on earth.

Dumb, ignorant evangelicals are the problem.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
I remember when I worked near a yoga studio in this pretty wealthy area and when yoga classes were on it would just be gorgeous woman after gorgeous woman with their mats filing in. Little did I know they were being converted inside to Hindu Antifa

dainthomas

Lifer
Dec 7, 2004
Reactions: Pohemi and esquared

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000

look at what Kentucky Republicans just passed.....

Doesn't matter how definitive that law "protecting law enforcement officers" gets, it's going to be up to the officer to determine if he/she was insulted/harassed/irritated etc. the same as regular folks who decide if they were sexually harassed or not.

So in Kentucky if you look at police officers "the wrong way" or get misunderstood "in the wrong way" they can use their own judgement as to the level of mental and physical threat that confronts them and exploit that law to no end.

esquared

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 8, 2000
Doesn't matter how definitive that law "protecting law enforcement officers" gets, it's going to be up to the officer to determine if he/she was insulted/harassed/irritated etc. the same as regular folks who decide if they were sexually harassed or not.

So in Kentucky if you look at police officers "the wrong way" or get misunderstood "in the wrong way" they can use their own judgement as to the level of mental and physical threat that confronts them and exploit that law to no end.
Ha ha ha ha.

So they can say you gave them "stinkeye" while they were writing you up for a ticket and now they get to attach a Class B
misdemeanor to that ticket?
FFS!

"The bill would make it a Class B misdemeanor if someone “accosts, insults, taunts, or challenges a law enforcement officer with offensive or derisive words, or by gestures or other physical contact"

WTF, bunch of whiny crybabies. GTFO of law enforcement, because they certainly don't belong there.
Effing snowflakes.

Reactions: Pohemi and tweaker2

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000

"ok kids, we call this one the roy moore"

• Wow
Reactions: MtnMan
Nov 17, 2019
One more?

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Yes, the evil yoga was strongly forbidden in my evangelical upbringing. Meditation is not the same as prayer, and stretching is for athletes. Fuggin idiots

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
I remember browsing in a (predominantly black) Christian bookshop once and one of the books went on at length about how Yoga was unChristian and a plot to divert people into heathen, or even Satanic, ways.

At the same time, I know some Hindus are very upset at Christians and other non-Hindus 'appropriating' Yoga and divorcing it from it's spiritual meaning.

Plus, from what I remember of being made to do it at school as a child, it _hurts_. And is quite boring. I know its good for your muscle tone and everything, but I prefer the sorts of exercise you can do in an _angry_ way. Things like walking, running, and cycling, one can do while feeling very grumpy, as an expression of that bad mood. I don't feel like there's such a thing as angry yoga.

Puffnstuff

Lifer
Mar 9, 2005
Truth is that AL probably just made a clerical error as everybody knows that men want fat girls in yoga pants banned. :p Why just the other day while shopping at Walmart my eyes were forced to see such a thing and almost had a seizure. :eek::D