Alabama Election Results: Doug Jones Defeats Roy Moore in U.S. Senate Race

Page 10 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Didn't skinny repeal eliminate the ACA, and called skinny because it offered no replacement?

As I understand it, the tax bill eats away at the financial underpinnings. At face value they'll be presented as very different things, even if it jeopardizes the ACA. One wonders just how much these old men in DC actually understand the consequences of what they vote for? We sure McCain has any idea that this is part of the tax bill, or what the consequences would be?

Regardless, the Governor of Arizona is a Republican. So it appears McCain's seat is not at immediate risk even if he retires or passes.

No, skinny repeal was pretty much just getting rid of the individual mandate. Apparently McCain thought that was a bad idea by itself but when you use that money to cut taxes on the rich he’s fine with it. He almost went out as a man of principle but apparently has decided that’s not for him, haha.

Regardless yes, unless McCain survives until 2019, which seems unlikely, another republican will take his place.

Reactions: Jaskalas

brandonbull

Diamond Member
May 3, 2005
yet you absolutely believe the same of Bill Clinton, miraculously, and with demonstrably less evidence of such compared to that on Pedo Roy.

You're a fool.

Other than that pesky settled lawsuit, Monica Lewinsky, and troopergate, I can see where there would be no basis to believe that stuff about Bill Clinton.

Puffnstuff

Lifer
Mar 9, 2005
Again, that's the *PARTY*. Planned parent is far, far more than abortions. It's one of the most used clinics for women's health (checkups and exams) for teens/20 somethings and the working poor that have limited insurance options. The only real beef that most republican *voters* have is abortions. Not the rest of it.

And that's really my point...if the whole abortion thing was a non-issue (illegal) then it gives more platform space for slightly more progressive stances towards public health and awareness.
My parents continue to harp on planned parenthood like they're handing out the plague or something evil. Republicans attack all social programs yet claim to be Christians. Even Jesus admonished to the church (church in the bible is the born again believer or a congregation of them and not an institution) to perform charitable work for the community.

Nov 8, 2012
yet you absolutely believe the same of Bill Clinton, miraculously, and with demonstrably less evidence of such compared to that on Pedo Roy.

You're a fool.

Clinton has literally been on a plane with the coined term "Lolita Express" 3 times, in addition to his admissions and pay-offs.

He might not be as dumb as Moore, but he belongs in the same basket of deplorables.

umbrella39

Lifer
Jun 11, 2004
Oh FFS with this shit again already... If we are holding Clinton's feet to the fire for things that did not happen then Trump should be on rotating stick, too... This has gotten SO old already it's ridiculous. Since the court of opinion is the only thing that matters to Conservatives when it comes to the Clinton's then the same applies to the Trumps. That's what you get... You can't have it both ways...

Jan 25, 2011
Clinton has literally been on a plane with the coined term "Lolita Express" 3 times, in addition to his admissions and pay-offs.

He might not be as dumb as Moore, but he belongs in the same basket of deplorables.
Lol Ok let's play that game. I'll see your "he was on the plane!" and raise you the following.

Donald_Trump_Lawsuit_.jpg

Nov 8, 2012
Lol Ok let's play that game. I'll see your "he was on the plane! and raise you the following.

Donald_Trump_Lawsuit_.jpg

Oh FFS with this shit again already... If we are holding Clinton's feet to the fire for things that did not happen then Trump should be on rotating stick, too... This has gotten SO old already it's ridiculous. Since the court of opinion is the only thing that matters to Conservatives when it comes to the Clinton's then the same applies to the Trumps. That's what you get... You can't have it both ways...

Quit your partisan strawman bickering for half a second. The topic of conversation was Clinton, not Trump. I never voted for trump, throw him under the bus with the rest of deplorables - you won't see me defending the fool.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
But her emails.

I imagine one day when we look back on this shit show it will be incomprehensible to future generations how the media thought the most important thing to focus on during the 2016 election wasn’t Trump’s history of fraud, racism, sexism, and mental instability, but instead government email management.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
I imagine one day when we look back on this shit show it will be incomprehensible to future generations how the media thought the most important thing to focus on during the 2016 election wasn’t Trump’s history of fraud, racism, sexism, and mental instability, but instead government email management.
White people will absolve their own of anything. Anyone remember when Obama committed the treasonous offense of wearing a brown jacket in the Oval Office and putting his feat on the desk?

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
White people will absolve their own of anything. Anyone remember when Obama committed the treasonous offense of wearing a brown jacket in the Oval Office and putting his feat on the desk?

I bet it will be more of a case that it will be vanishingly hard to find a person who will admit they voted for Trump.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
I bet it will be more of a case that it will be vanishingly hard to find a person who will admit they voted for Trump.

Like what happened with GWB and Cheney. History does have a nasty habit of repeating itself, more so immediately following that most memorable national financial meltdown at the end of Georgie's and Dick's watch.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Like what happened with GWB and Cheney. History does have a nasty habit of repeating itself, more so immediately following that most memorable national financial meltdown at the end of Georgie's and Dick's watch.

Yep. I wonder how long it will take for Trump to be thrown down the memory hole as ‘not a true conservative’, which is the go-to answer every time conservatism fails. I imagine it will take less than six months for most conservatives to have convinced themselves that he was a secret Democrat all along. Please note that the fact that they are currently complaining he is the victim of a secret Democrat conspiracy right now will have no effect on their future claim that he was part of a secret Democrat conspiracy.

feralkid

Lifer
Jan 28, 2002

I forgot about that; guess I was caught up in all the planning for the annual Mustard-Gate "We Shall Never Forget" rally at my local Weinerschnitzel.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
I forgot about that; guess I was caught up in all the planning for the Mustard-Gate "We Shall Never Forget" rally at my local Weinerschnitzel.
What's up with the mustard?

Edit: Holy crap! I retract my vote for Obama. Dijon is just plain nasty assy.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
Yep. I wonder how long it will take for Trump to be thrown down the memory hole as ‘not a true conservative’, which is the go-to answer every time conservatism fails. I imagine it will take less than six months for most conservatives to have convinced themselves that he was a secret Democrat all along. Please note that the fact that they are currently complaining he is the victim of a secret Democrat conspiracy right now will have no effect on their future claim that he was part of a secret Democrat conspiracy.

You sure he isn't already? :D

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Quit your partisan strawman bickering for half a second. The topic of conversation was Clinton, not Trump. I never voted for trump, throw him under the bus with the rest of deplorables - you won't see me defending the fool.

Check the thread title. It's not about Clintons, other than as duh-version.

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
How's Trump allegedly raping a child on a plane not on topic? It seems relevant to the subject of this thread, seeing how Alabama election was decided on similar charges. If you want to start a Clinton conspiracy thread, you can. There is already one about how Hillary would have jailed Christians or something similarly stupid.