Al Gore sells Current TV to Al Jazeera over Beck, tries to avoid higher taxes

Matt1970

Lifer
Mar 19, 2007
One of the biggest proponets of the rich paying higher taxes did everything he could to get his precious sale of Current TV done before the higher tax rate kicked in.

A source close to negotiations also told The New York Times that the deal was probably worth around $500 million, meaning a $100 million pay-day for Gore, who was reportedly eager to complete the deal by Dec. 31 in order to avoid higher tax rates that took effect on Jan. 1.

Unfortunately for Gore, the deal wasn’t signed until Wednesday, however.

He's all for the rich paying more untill it has to come out of his wallet. If that doesn't bug ya then why he sold it to who he did might. Al-Jazeera has a long running anti-American image run by the big oil Government of Qatar. An evironmentalist sells his baby to big oil?

An executive for TheBlaze confirmed these details on Thursday, noting that the decision not to sell to Beck’s network came only hours after executives reached out to a Current representative to discuss the matter. As reported by the Wall Street Journal, Hyatt said that the decision to go with the Middle Easter outlet came, in part, because, “al-Jazeera was founded with the same goals we had for Current.”

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/report-al-jazeera-set-to-take-over-al-gores-current-tv/

Apr 27, 2012
So you mean liberals like gore who call for higher taxes only want it for others? Why I am not surprised with that pos.

His network was FAR LEFT and it was an utter failure, its a good thing that it failed, we need less of that crap on tv.

feralkid

Lifer
Jan 28, 2002
Al Jazeera.

Al Qaida.

Al Gore.

He's...he's...an Arab.

hes-an-arab-woman-with-john-mcain.jpg

Apr 27, 2012

Many people care, This is the same guy who wants higher taxes on the rich yet tries to dodger higher taxes, Complete hypocrite

As well this bitches about global warming and he is dealing with an OPEC nation, this is hypocrisy

ShintaiDK

Lifer
Apr 22, 2012
While you can question his morale. He simply follows the rules. That people wish the rules changed is another thing. But dont expect charity in between.

Its like calling all people who gives to charity for communists or something equally as stupid.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Oh good we hadn't heard this hilariously stupid argument in awhile.

If you want to change the tax code so that the rich pay more it doesn't mean that until the tax code is changed that you have to voluntarily pay more.

Similarly, if you think the US should attack Iran it doesn't mean that you need to wage a one man guerrilla war there until the US military arrives.

jackschmittusa

Diamond Member
Apr 16, 2003
Outrage not found.

If a sale date can make a difference to your bottom line, how is it immoral to choose a more profitable date? So he missed the date and will pay the higher taxes. If you hear him bitch and complain, then you have a point. Otherwise, you are just blowing smoke.

Selling to a network that is funded by an oil rich country should be excluded for what reason? They're going to sell the same amount of oil regardless and it will not be enhanced by the acquisition. He is not at war with oil after all, but trying to compete as well as mitigate the negative effects of oil burning.

Seems to me that you have invented your own standards on how you think he should act or be condemned and he acts according to perfectly reasonable standards of his own choosing instead. Even if you do not like it, that doesn't make him wrong.

Matt1970

Lifer
Mar 19, 2007
Outrage not found.

If a sale date can make a difference to your bottom line, how is it immoral to choose a more profitable date? So he missed the date and will pay the higher taxes. If you hear him bitch and complain, then you have a point. Otherwise, you are just blowing smoke.

Selling to a network that is funded by an oil rich country should be excluded for what reason? They're going to sell the same amount of oil regardless and it will not be enhanced by the acquisition. He is not at war with oil after all, but trying to compete as well as mitigate the negative effects of oil burning.

Seems to me that you have invented your own standards on how you think he should act or be condemned and he acts according to perfectly reasonable standards of his own choosing instead. Even if you do not like it, that doesn't make him wrong.

I guess it depends on your morrals.

Apr 27, 2012
Outrage not found.

Wrong, He calls for higher taxes on the rich and then he pulls this crap

For someone who claims to believe in that global warming BS then why is he working with them?

thraashman

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000
Wrong, He calls for higher taxes on the rich and then he pulls this crap

For someone who claims to believe in that global warming BS then why is he working with them?

If he called for the rich to voluntarily pay higher taxes, then you'd have a point. Or if you were anyone else there'd be a chance you'd have a point. You have never in a single post in P&N had a point though. A good rule of thumb is that if you have a thought, go another direction and there's at least a chance you'll be right.

jackschmittusa

Diamond Member
Apr 16, 2003
Incorruptible

What crap? Are you saying that he should have intentionally chosen a later date? That would seem rather illogical. But then logic may be an alien concept to you.

jackschmittusa

Diamond Member
Apr 16, 2003
Matt1970

You may be right because I find nothing morally wrong with the incident under discussion. I find it odd that you do.

Apr 27, 2012
If he called for the rich to voluntarily pay higher taxes, then you'd have a point. Or if you were anyone else there'd be a chance you'd have a point. You have never in a single post in P&N had a point though. A good rule of thumb is that if you have a thought, go another direction and there's at least a chance you'll be right.

But dont you see the hypocrisy, al gore wants the rich to pay more taxes and he belongs to that group but then he does everything possible to avoid paying higher taxes. What he really wants is for OTHER rich people to pay higher taxes and for himself to be excluded. That is the hypocrisy and why I am taking issue with him

Read my thread on the drug war, probably one of my greatest threads or any of the other ones and they all have good points.

Pens1566

Lifer
Oct 11, 2005
Top 2 signs your OP is full of shit:

1) It's by incorruptible
2) Incorruptible wholeheartedly agrees with it

Apr 27, 2012
Top 2 signs your OP is full of shit:

1) It's by incorruptible
2) Incorruptible wholeheartedly agrees with it

The OP is by Matt1970 NOT me so thats a fail

Why does it matter if I agree with it? I agree about ending the war on drugs so by your idiotic logic then ending the war on drugs is full of shit

I believe gay marriage should be legal so according to the moron that is you then gay marriage shouldn't be legal and is full of shit

Thanks for the new insight!:D

Pens1566

Lifer
Oct 11, 2005
The OP is by Matt1970 NOT me so thats a fail

Why does it matter if I agree with it? I agree about ending the war on drugs so by your idiotic logic then ending the war on drugs is full of shit

I believe gay marriage should be legal so according to the moron that is you then gay marriage shouldn't be legal and is full of shit

Thanks for the new insight!:D

You're either the dumbest person on the interwebs, an incredibly good troll, or some combo of the two.

michal1980

Diamond Member
Mar 7, 2003
liberals defending the actions of one of their own. No way.

If its big business doing it, then they aren't paying their fair share, and lopholes must be closed.

If a liberal does it - just following the rules.

lotus503

Diamond Member
Feb 12, 2005
But dont you see the hypocrisy, al gore wants the rich to pay more taxes and he belongs to that group but then he does everything possible to avoid paying higher taxes. What he really wants is for OTHER rich people to pay higher taxes and for himself to be excluded. That is the hypocrisy and why I am taking issue with him

Read my thread on the drug war, probably one of my greatest threads or any of the other ones and they all have good points.

It's more advocating for higher taxes on the rich while abiding the current tax law.

Apr 27, 2012
liberals defending the actions of one of their own. No way.

If its big business doing it, then they aren't paying their fair share, and lopholes must be closed.

If a liberal does it - just following the rules.

And until we learn to address this issue then its not going to get any better. You can never argue against a liberal, they will ignore you and make up facts

Demo24

Diamond Member
Aug 5, 2004
Key problem with this whole 'story': "who was reportedly eager to complete the deal by Dec. 31".

Anyone here capable of understanding the definition of 'reportedly'? There's no hard evidence here, so who gives a crap. Apparently just extreme righties here searching for some angle to get all bent out of shape on.

lotus503

Diamond Member
Feb 12, 2005
And until we learn to address this issue then its not going to get any better. You can never argue against a liberal, they will ignore you and make up facts

Yet when I ask you for facts to back up your wild assertions you never post them.

Hmmm