AL ATOTers...

Journer

Banned
Jun 30, 2005
Ok...so i have seen i think ONE person from alabama...pretty sad. Oh well....i suppose this will get the hell flamed out of it because of all the stereotyping...but whatver...poll for all ye' good people :)

Yes i am from AL, Yes i live there now, Yes i like, been through it many times... and yes i have left AL for extended periods of time (longest 3yrs) and enjoyed the other places...dont plan to live here forever...and no, i dont live in the woods, have bad hygene, etc.

Journer

Banned
Jun 30, 2005
Originally posted by: drinkmorejava
I once heard this story, about this girl, who had sex with her brother...

-_-....i demand proof that this is as common as people think and a study that shows the percentage is larger here than anywhere else in the states

Battosai: thats GA, lmfao...

Surely people have heard of bham, mobile, montgomery...selma?

birmingham: big steel industry, headquarters for many big ass compnaies, banks, etc.
mobile: major shipping port and gas collection people down there (gas from the gulf that is)
montgomery: uhhh...god so many things...lol rosa parks? yah yah...we sucked back then...
selma: big walk...
tuscaloosa: george wallace (jr?) stood on steps of UofA library to not allow blacks in school...then appologized at same place some months/years later...

kmon people....lol

Journer

Banned
Jun 30, 2005
Originally posted by: HamburgerBoy
Originally posted by: Journer
Originally posted by: HamburgerBoy
No, no, no, no.

k, k, why, k

That's why, racist.

LMFAO!!!! ahahah...i didnt even notice that...i suppose i deserved it...lol...

anywho...KKK was all around the south, not just AL...
not everyone is racist...

PROVE (aka...show some legit studies) that people from AL are more racist than people in other states...and not AL from the early 60s 70s...i'm talking current day and age.. :p

Journer

Banned
Jun 30, 2005
Originally posted by: Armitage
Been to Huntsville - that was pretty nice.

yah i forgot huntsville, lol...big space center, armory, etc....
also Maxwell AFB is in montgomery...used to work there :p...

anywho...huntsville is cool...UAH has a good aerospace science program as well as some other good things :p

jme5343

Platinum Member
Nov 21, 2003
Lived and worked there for 6 months. 3 months between Sylacauga and Talladega, then 3 months around Monroeville.

VERY much liked it, considered moving there, but family is close here. Of course, I live in KS now, does it get any worse than this? Forecast for the next 10 days is 101-105 degrees every day, lol.

It was in the beloved patriot and Ken days on 107.7, I think? 2001. People very friendly, a Circle or Rally's was very easy to come by :) Food in small mom and pop places was very good.

The stereotyping is ridiculous, every state in the union has some sort of stigma attached. People are people, most of them good, kind people, and it seemed there were more of them in the south, to me at least.

Journer

Banned
Jun 30, 2005
Originally posted by: jmebonner
Lived and worked there for 6 months. 3 months between Sylacauga and Talladega, then 3 months around Monroeville.

VERY much liked it, considered moving there, but family is close here. Of course, I live in KS now, does it get any worse than this? Forecast for the next 10 days is 101-105 degrees every day, lol.

It was in the beloved patriot and Ken days on 107.7, I think? 2001. People very friendly, a Circle or Rally's was very easy to come by :) Food in small mom and pop places was very good.

The stereotyping is ridiculous, every state in the union has some sort of stigma attached. People are people, most of them good, kind people, and it seemed there were more of them in the south, to me at least.

cool....yah it does get kind of hot in the summer...lol fall is great though...not hot but not freezing :p...

yah that was beloved patriot and ken...they went off for a little while...107.7 moved to 100.5 and now they are back :p

i hate rally's but yah they are everywhere....Chik-Fil-A FTW!!!! i hear they are only in southeast...you poor poor people :(

agreed...some of the stereotyping is true to an extent...there are a lot of religious kooks around...but those are ALLLL over south...i havnt hear anything TOO crazy though...just creationism crap...etc...

about 99% of the other crap is false

edit: talledega- NASCAR....i will admit...rednecks everywhere...been once...it sucked, lol

Journer

Banned
Jun 30, 2005
Originally posted by: handoverfist
I thought Robert Horry was the only good thing to come out of Alabama :confused:

what about joe namath!?

i met his daughter last year...did some PC work for her...damn she is HOT O_O and rich ..lol