Question AirPod alternatives

TheNiceGuy

Golden Member
Dec 23, 2004
Hello all
I’m looking for a cheaper alternative to the AirPods that still has good sound quality for music, and dictation via mic.
I like the in-ear yet open “breathable” nature (hope that makes sense) of conventional apple earbuds. this also allows me to have relatively good outside hearing ability while using them.
I have a I want to avoid anything with “plugs“ that completely seals your ear out.
Thank you!

Muadib

Lifer
May 30, 2000
I like the Jabra - Elite 75t. I have the older 65t active, and these are an improvement. Unless you get the pro version, Airpods just sit on the ear, not in them.

killster1

Banned
Mar 15, 2007
I like the Jabra - Elite 75t. I have the older 65t active, and these are an improvement. Unless you get the pro version, Airpods just sit on the ear, not in them.
this is a good question, all the buds seem to be plugs as the op says they dont want their ear to be plugged. i have galaxy buds, used them once and now they sit :) they definitely plug your whole ear and turn people into robots if you choose to use the feature to hear ambient noise. im interested to hear the solution to this, airpods are 200? just bite the bullet and buy them ;)

Muadib

Lifer
May 30, 2000
this is a good question, all the buds seem to be plugs as the op says they dont want their ear to be plugged. i have galaxy buds, used them once and now they sit :) they definitely plug your whole ear and turn people into robots if you choose to use the feature to hear ambient noise. im interested to hear the solution to this, airpods are 200? just bite the bullet and buy them ;)
If you want that openness, then yes, try the airpods. They won't sound as good as buds that plug the ears though.

• Haha
Reactions: killster1

killster1

Banned
Mar 15, 2007
If you want that openness, then yes, try the airpods. They won't sound as good as buds that plug the ears though.
i feel like you didnt read the OP at all! you suggest plugs when they ask for non-plug, you suggest airpods when they ask for a alternative :) OOPS

Muadib

Lifer
May 30, 2000
i feel like you didnt read the OP at all! you suggest plugs when they ask for non-plug, you suggest airpods when they ask for a alternative :) OOPS
No OOPS, he didn't want to spend the money on the airpods, and my last post was directed to you!

Last edited:

killster1

Banned
Mar 15, 2007
No OOPS, he didn't want to spend the money on the airpods, and my last post was directed to you!
if i wanted airpods i would own airpods, i have galaxy buds and have used them once and now they sit collecting dust as i stated in my reply to op. thnx for more laughs tho. dont quit your day job thats for sure, i was interested in the alternative to the airpods for lower price. /eye roll

Muadib

Lifer
May 30, 2000
if i wanted airpods i would own airpods, i have galaxy buds and have used them once and now they sit collecting dust as i stated in my reply to op. thnx for more laughs tho. dont quit your day job thats for sure, i was interested in the alternative to the airpods for lower price. /eye roll

Sorry that you don’t get it, but IEMs or AirPods are the only portable choices. Some people use headphones. Have you tried them?

killster1

Banned
Mar 15, 2007
Sorry that you don’t get it, but IEMs or AirPods are the only portable choices. Some people use headphones. Have you tried them?
sigh i guess its my fault for replying to your strange posts. it was funny the first few times. i dont use headphones ever (i already stated twice!) but hell i can say it a 3rd time no i dont use headphones!

took 1 second to google the answer i guess knockoff airpods for 50, to bad they dont give a link where to buy them.

infinitepods.co

Muadib

Lifer
May 30, 2000
sigh i guess its my fault for replying to your strange posts. it was funny the first few times. i dont use headphones ever (i already stated twice!) but hell i can say it a 3rd time no i dont use headphones!

took 1 second to google the answer i guess knockoff airpods for 50, to bad they dont give a link where to buy them.

infinitepods.co

Where did you say that you didn’t use headphones? Now you post AirPod knockoffs??? WTF!!!

killster1

Banned
Mar 15, 2007
yes airpods knockoffs are a cheaper alternative to airpods no? :) never going to reply you again, seems you dont read what people spend their time typing so why waste more time typing it again and again. maybe cuz you are pranking me. oh well

Muadib

Lifer
May 30, 2000
I think I'm the one being pranked. Do you really think those knockoffs are any good? Don't you think that if they were, you would see them everywhere?

Last edited:

TheNiceGuy

Golden Member
Dec 23, 2004
Thanks guys. I’m interested in something that’s open enough where I can easily hear things going on around me. Also, I’ve noticed the plug type earbuds intensify some noise like ‘internal body noises’ like the pounding from jogging etc. The apple earbuds are the only ones that meet this criteria?

Muadib

Lifer
May 30, 2000
Thanks guys. I’m interested in something that’s open enough where I can easily hear things going on around me. Also, I’ve noticed the plug type earbuds intensify some noise like ‘internal body noises’ like the pounding from jogging etc. The apple earbuds are the only ones that meet this criteria?
Are you open to over the ear headphones?