aim.exe -cnetwait.odl

Andvari

Jan 22, 2003
That is in my startup list, but I've never noticed it before. I've unchecked it and rebooted, but it ends up running again anyway. I've ran AntiVir and haven't found anything. I have no idea what it is or if it's a virus.

Any ideas?

Andvari

Jan 22, 2003
That doesn't really tell me anything. the -cnetwait.odl is the part I'm curious about. And the fact that I can't get it to stay out of startup as well, when it didn't used to be there. So it's not simply AIM.

PurdueRy

Lifer
Nov 12, 2004
Search your computer for cnetwait.odl and see where it is saved. If its somewhere odd, I would be wary(in the windows folder) but if its in the AIM folder it might not be a big deal, at least you might get some more info on where it came from and when it was created

Green Man

Golden Member
Jan 21, 2001
The -cnetwait.odl is just a switch, a parameter to pass to the process when it's started. That's not a big deal. As far as getting it to not run at startup, if you've deleted the shortcut from the startup folder it is likely getting launched from the registry.

sykopath79

Nov 2, 2000
That's the standard startup shortcut AIM drops in MSCONFIG when it's told to load itself when Windows starts. Nothing to worry about, unless of course you don't want AIM auto-starting.