Aieeee Bobby Gindall is trying too hard

Page 7 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

DukeN

Golden Member
Dec 12, 1999
Originally posted by: loki8481
Originally posted by: DukeN
Originally posted by: loki8481
He's brown. Right there, you alienate a huge portion of your base. Face it, the GOP base is full of bigots. It's just fact.

:cookie:

I think he's referring to the racist and ignorant crowd who thought Obama was a muslim blah blah blah. Who do you think they'd rather vote for - a black christian dude or a brown indian kinda dude? I don't think some of these people even realise there's a Hindu religion with a billion+ followers.

Bobby Jindal's not a hindu and the depth of condescension for the opposition people are able to muster never ceases to amaze me.

It's because you have no amazement left - all the KKK types at the Palin and Limbaugh rallies/events must've sucked it all up.

Thank you for informing me about the Hindu part - I assumed (incorrectly) that he was a hindu by his name but in hindsight I should've known the KKKOP would never have someone who wasn't a Christian be one of their primes.

Thump553

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
According to the 60 Minutes puff piece on Jindal that was broadcast Sunday, his family is Hindu and he was raised as such but he converted to Catholism when in high school. Apparently he is a pretty hard line Catholic from the statements he has made.

The propensity to willingly switch religions during one's lifetime is a very desirable aspect of our society in my view, even though I don't agree with most of Jindal's views, especially on religion.

chess9

Elite member
Apr 15, 2000
Originally posted by: Thump553
According to the 60 Minutes puff piece on Jindal that was broadcast Sunday, his family is Hindu and he was raised as such but he converted to Catholism when in high school. Apparently he is a pretty hard line Catholic from the statements he has made.

The propensity to willingly switch religions during one's lifetime is a very desirable aspect of our society in my view, even though I don't agree with most of Jindal's views, especially on religion.

The propensity to switch is desireable? Why? That's an interesting notion!

I'm a Skeptic, so I find all religion unfathomable.

-Robert

OrByte

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2000
Lying and using the Katrina fiasco to score political points......he has no shame.

Why take so obvious a chance to ultimately score so little points on the matter?

The risk wasn't worth it. And now he can kiss any future chances at Pres goodbye!

Edit: Oh and that throws his whole blurb about trying to 'win back the publics trust' right out the window. On the one hand fakes being sorry for past GOP bullshit and on the other he starts more GOP bullshit with lies in the same damn speech.

HA! classic!!

Thump553

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
Originally posted by: chess9
Originally posted by: Thump553

The propensity to switch is desireable? Why? That's an interesting notion!

I'm a Skeptic, so I find all religion unfathomable.

-Robert

Becasue if God really exists then your method and rules of worshipping him shouldn't be dependent upon what family or culture you are born into. The vast majority of humanity follows whatever religion is dominant in their family or locality, and limits their intellectual quest mainly to finding positive reinforcement for their choice.

Paradoxically, what I admire about Jindal (other than that he appears to be both honest and reasonably competent, pretty rare characteristics in the LA politics) causes me to hate the religous and moral authoritarianism that he and his cohorts hold as central beliefs.