Ahhh! What are they doing?

AMDJunkie

Diamond Member
Dec 6, 1999
First, Puff Daddy ruined Every Breath You Take. Then Tupac destroys Changes. And now Limp Bizkit is razing Faith! How long can we put up with these talentless (c)rappers and teen idols destroying the music we enjoy! To arms! We shall take a vocal chord for every ear harmed by that trash!

Yeeny

Lifer
Feb 2, 2000
All I know is Sheryl Crow ruined Sweet Child O' mine! She slaughtered it!

Killbat

Diamond Member
Jan 9, 2000
They cannot play instruments, cannot sing, cannot even write their own lyrics! The talent lies in reading other people's words in monotone. Well, if you consider that talent. :|

T2T III

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999

<< All I know is Sheryl Crow ruined Sweet Child O' mine! >>

I liked her version from the Big Daddy soundtrack. Sometimes, I like the song, but don't need to hear Axl Rose singing it.

DAM

Diamond Member
Jan 10, 2000
hey wth? i like faith, its funny to imagine georgei boy singing faith like durst :)

dam()

geno

Lifer
Dec 26, 1999

<< Puff Daddy ruined Every Breath You Take >>

How did he ruin it? By taking a beat and using it to make a dedication to his best friend?? I don't see how it ruins it. And how did Changes ruin the original? He kept the song on topic, and it was about Changes! The song fit what he was trying to say, where's the crime in that? People have been doing remakes for years, what's the big deal? And Faith? I thought it was pretty damn funny :p

purplehayes

Golden Member
Mar 31, 2000
Faith was 10x better when it was done by Limp Bizkit. When I first heard it, a almost fell on the floor laughing so hard.

PH

dabuddha

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000
puffy is the worst of em all
like 99.9% of his stuff is ripped
and the original gnr version of sweet child of mine is better
can't beat the guitar solos :D

AMDJunkie

Diamond Member
Dec 6, 1999
Ack! You mean you enjoy a person screaming as loud as he can and thenbash his guitar over actual singing? That's it! The world's going down the toilet and I'm sure as hell not going to get it out! And I have nothing against remakes, only really bad ones.

dennilfloss

Past Lifer 1957-2014 In Memoriam
Oct 21, 1999
dennilfloss.blogspot.com
It's not just rappists (;)). I hate what Me First and the Gimme Gimmes did to One Tin Soldier, such a nice, innocent, sweet song as sung by The Original Caste. If you want to know how to actually do a cover that improves on the original, check the Barenaked Ladies version of Bruce Cockburn's Lovers In A Dangerous Time. :)

I also mentioned what happened to poor Sundown in another thread: http://forums1.anandtech.com/messageview.cfm?catid=38&amp;threadid=180711 :|

Who Rotten' Em (Slick Rick)

lestat

Oct 9, 1999
nothing can defeat slash's guitar solo in sweet child o mine, sheryl crow did not play it too well =[-~~