ahhh kernel shell from popcorn stuck between gum and tooth

dighn

Lifer
Aug 12, 2001
i can't get it out. the tooth is really far back. how do i get it out? last time this happened, the thing stayed in there for like a week and made the gum soft. popcorn shell is really hard and even soaked in water doesn't soften up.

i tried brushing, rinsing with water, using my finger etc i can't get it. i can feel it with my tongue but the thing won't move.

that's it, no more popcorn for me.

Eli

Super Moderator | Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
I hate that.

Just keep working at it. You'll get it out.

Toothpic, tongue, fork, fingernail, etc...

SaltBoy

Diamond Member
Aug 13, 2001
Originally posted by: Eli
I hate that.

Just keep working at it. You'll get it out.

Toothpic, tongue, fork, fingernail, etc...
You took the kernels... err... words right out of my mouth!

Viper GTS

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
Floss may get it, if not that try a dry napkin over the end of your finger (increases friction, giving you a better grip on it).

Keep working at it, it will come out & there's no reason to let it last a week.

Viper GTS

bigben

Jan 8, 2000
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

*notice* Terror Alert Level ELEVATED - Now

alert level MAUVE

seriously, use a mechanical pencil with the lead removed....works like a charm

dighn

Lifer
Aug 12, 2001
woohoo ifinally got it out. used a sewing needle and alot of pressure. i'm not eating popcorn again.

Mathcop

Dec 30, 2002
My 16 year old son doesn't eat popcorn for the same reason. He says it's not worth the trouble of getting stuff stuck in your teeth. I, on the other hand, love popcorn and eat it nearly everyday.

oboeguy

Diamond Member
Dec 7, 1999
Originally posted by: jumpr
Try recompiling it.

Oh wait...

ROFLMAO! Good one jumpr. :D

Anyhow, floss / tootpick usually work for me. The funniest is when you don't realize that stuff is stuck until a day or two later and wonder what the heck that thing is in your mouth (I need to floss more).