Aug 22, 2002
Sys-Specs:

Abit KG7-RAID
1.4ghz T-bird
AMD 761 chipset
Chaintech GF4- 4200
Win2k Pro / Red Hat 7.2

Backstory
I recently purchased a copy of LucasArts Dark Forces II, and attempted to run it on the machine above. Well, for some reason, it kept insisting that Directx wasn't installed. So I ran dxdiag for the support staff, and went through the tests, I noticed under the display section there was this button for AGP texture acceleration. Except it's "Not available"

Curious, I ran the test on all my other systems (mostly GF2mxs, one Radeon 7500, and one aging Rage 128) To find that all of them declared the feature Not Available. So I start digging through the BIOS options of the motherboard above and on the other systems. Well, don't see anything. AGP set to 4x, 2x. Fast writes, driving strength.

Start going through the Detonator and Catalyst options. Nothing in there to turn it on, or off, or make availble. Download and re-install all drivers and Directx to make sure I'm using the latest versions. Still nothing.

Then I start going through Microsoft.com Nadda.

Start surfing here, xbitlabs, Tweak Town, 3d chipsets. Nadda.

What is this option? How do I turn it on/off? Will it improve preformance? Does anybody know?

BFG10K

Lifer
Aug 14, 2000
Basically having that setting disabled effectively disables 3D hardware acceleration which is why Jedi Knight won't work.

Saist

Aug 22, 2002
since it worked before in getting a non-helpful response, here's hoping this gets a helpful response

*BUMP*