AGP BFG GeForce 6800 OC $210 - Free 2day ship

Budarow

Golden Member
Dec 16, 2001
I like the blue LEDs on this card...I had a fx5900 of the same design by BFG. Too bad that card pretty much stunk compared to a 9800 Pro.

Now that I'm building a PC with a glass side panel, I'll be looking for a high end PCI-E card (6800 GT, x800xt, or better) with some LEDs to help light up my case more. There don't seem to be too many cards with LEDs.

Messudieh

Nov 9, 2004
I would explicitly not get the eVGA card. If anything ever goes wrong, you're going to be paying a minimum of $10 for them to ship their defective card back to you after they fix it. I was very unhappy when my 6600gt recently died for an unknown reason and I found this out first hand.

Do not buy eVGA.

S Random

Feb 5, 2005
you can unlock it to have as many pipelines and vertex shaders as the GT/Ultra, but the RAM clock is lower, you wont be able to get it to that clock speed because the RAM is lower quality. in general the LE card isnt even an NU and its performence its the lowest quality chips, id say the BFG OC is worth the extra money if you can afford it.

darkrelevance

Jul 13, 2004
correct me if im wrong, but ive seen bfg 6800's for less than 210.
i think 200 is pretty common now. they have it at frys and other places pretty often.

Plester

Diamond Member
Nov 12, 1999
There are numerous reports of people with the Leadtek 6800le hitting 900 plus on the memory which is better than most 6800nu - also they seem to unlock with the same success rate as vanilla 6800. if i didn't already have an unlockable 6800 I would jump on the LE.

crobusa

Oct 3, 2001
They're very nice people, with their tech support not 30 minutes from my parents in surburban Chicago.
They have a lifetime replacement for AS LONG AS YOU LIVE, not the product line.
They up their clockspeed and memory timings and use better memory chips.

IMHO they're worth the extra $20.

May 10, 2001
Originally posted by: S Random
you can unlock it to have as many pipelines and vertex shaders as the GT/Ultra, but the RAM clock is lower, you wont be able to get it to that clock speed because the RAM is lower quality. in general the LE card isnt even an NU and its performence its the lowest quality chips, id say the BFG OC is worth the extra money if you can afford it.

Originally posted by: Plester
There are numerous reports of people with the Leadtek 6800le hitting 900 plus on the memory which is better than most 6800nu - also they seem to unlock with the same success rate as vanilla 6800. if i didn't already have an unlockable 6800 I would jump on the LE.

thanks for the replys guys.

Maleix

May 18, 2005
I purchased this exact card last week for ($229). I have been VERY satisfied, I went from a Gigabyte 5950 Ultra and my frame rate jumped tremendously and I am able to run it smoothly at max settings in most games (1280x1024x32bit). It also comes with a free copy of Farcry and access to special NVIDIA patches for the game.