Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show thread

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
Then don't read the damn thread if you haven't watched the show. It looks fucking retarded to open a thread and have so many post show as nothing but black blobs.
Then don`t click on the thread......

AznAnarchy99

Lifer
Dec 6, 2004
I gotta say that the sudden violent twist seems to just be, well, violent. It's almost like one of the producers watched The Blacklist, '24' or Game of Thrones and said, "We gotta be violent like those shows!"

Personally, it spoils it for me. There are only so many times I want to see soldiers and agents get shot in the back of the head in the Marvel Universe (this one at least). Either that, or just say fuck it and get The Punisher to show up.

Did you watch Captain America? I was surprised at how violent Disney went.

Eug

Lifer
Mar 11, 2000
She is still hot, which is what matters.
And she's half-Chinese, which judging by your name might mean something for you. It makes me wonder if the producers are trying to capture more of the Chinese market, sort of like why Batman and Transformers both went to China.

Not only is Chloe Wang half-Chinese (even though I thought she was half Hispanic or Mediterranean or something, not half-Chinese), Ming-Na Wen is full-on Chinese.

Loved how Skye was able to pull it together at the end.
Yes. And I thought her acting for her shock was actually very good. Her disbelief and crying seemed believable to me.

And then her pulling it together in the show illustrates her increasing strength and ability as a SHIELD agent.

AznAnarchy99

Lifer
Dec 6, 2004
And she's half-Chinese, which judging by your name might mean something for you. It makes me wonder if the producers are trying to capture more of the Chinese market, sort of like why Batman and Transformers both went to China.

Not only is Chloe Wang half-Chinese (even though I thought she was half Hispanic or Mediterranean or something, not half-Chinese), Ming-Na Wen is full-on Chinese.

Yes. And I thought her acting for her shock was actually very good. Her disbelief and crying seemed believable to me.

And then her pulling it together in the show illustrates her increasing strength and ability as a SHIELD agent.

Just wiki-ed her. She was born 2 days short of a year after me. Damn I feel old now.

ViRGE

Elite Member, Moderator Emeritus
Oct 9, 1999
Not only is Chloe Wang half-Chinese (even though I thought she was half Hispanic or Mediterranean or something, not half-Chinese), Ming-Na Wen is full-on Chinese awesome.
Fixed that for you.;)

Though in all seriousness, I didn't know she was half Chinese. Like you I would have guessed half latino.

Childs

Lifer
Jul 9, 2000
Fixed that for you.;)

Though in all seriousness, I didn't know she was half Chinese. Like you I would have guessed half latino.

A friend tells me she was an idol singer in Asia. I too thought she was Hispanic or Middle Eastern.

Eug

Lifer
Mar 11, 2000
She was a non-entity in the US, and then I believe Nettwerk "discovered" her in high school and signed her on contract to make her into a pop star in China (where Nettwerk had no presence), despite the fact she didn't even speak Chinese much. So yeah, she was basically a manufactured singer star. Didn't last too long apparently though.

Anyhoo, here is her cheesy music video with Chinese hipster guys with lousy haircuts:

Chinese: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNUvqIsYo7k (Top comment: This is why Coulson recruited her.)
English: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S96Yqzg6JHU

ViRGE

Oct 9, 1999
She was a non-entity in the US, and then I believe Nettwerk "discovered" her in high school and signed her on contract to make her into a pop star in China (where Nettwerk had no presence), despite the fact she didn't even speak Chinese much. So yeah, she was basically a manufactured singer star. Didn't last too long apparently though.

Anyhoo, here is her cheesy music video with Chinese hipster guys with lousy haircuts:

Chinese: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNUvqIsYo7k (Top comment: This is why Coulson recruited her.)
English: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S96Yqzg6JHU
She's a fine actress. But these music videos on the other hand? Yikes!:eek:

Sephire

Golden Member
Feb 9, 2011
tumblr_n4txpnTL2V1qd6wkno6_250.gif

Agent Hill kicking ass

Fritzo

Lifer
Jan 3, 2001
Favorite line last night:

"If I come out, are you going to shoot me? If so, I'm not coming out."

techs

Lifer
Sep 26, 2000
I just caught the last episode.
Cheesy special effect when they were falling in the car. I'm disappoint because Lola deserved better.
I guess May is back on the team.

I feel I have missed a lot not having seen Captain America. I hope it comes out on Bluray soon.

JTsyo

Lifer
Nov 18, 2007
Funny line yesterday.
"Fritz get ready for a large file transfer."
*Filing cabinet comes through the window*

The next scene when they were getting the zipline ready, they anchored the hook on the ceiling tile. Good luck with that.

ViRGE

Oct 9, 1999
Funny line yesterday.
"Fritz get ready for a large file transfer."
*Filing cabinet comes through the window*

The next scene when they were getting the zipline ready, they anchored the hook on the ceiling tile. Good luck with that.
I bet they half-wrote that scene just to get that joke in. But regardless, it worked.:D

dainthomas

Lifer
Dec 7, 2004
I bet they half-wrote that scene just to get that joke in. But regardless, it worked.:D

That was hilarious.

And May in glasses = shwing

I was sure hoping Fitz would take out Bill Paxton. Such a d-bag. All because SHIELD didn't send in a medivac (to presumably get shot down or something)? Get over yourself, Francine.

ultimatebob

Lifer
Jul 1, 2001
After the Captain America movie, I'm not sure how this show is still on the air. It seemed like SHIELD was pretty much screwed at the end of that flick.

But then, Marvel isn't exactly a expert in maintaining continuity between their franchises.

JTsyo

Lifer
Nov 18, 2007
After the Captain America movie, I'm not sure how this show is still on the air. It seemed like SHIELD was pretty much screwed at the end of that flick.

But then, Marvel isn't exactly a expert in maintaining continuity between their franchises.

Have you been watching the show? SHIELD isn't an official organization in the show any more.

bearxor

Diamond Member
Jul 8, 2001

Yeah, I don't think you're watching the show.

yinan

Golden Member
Jan 12, 2007
I am still enjoying the show, only bad part is I think next week is the season finale.

Muadib

Lifer
May 30, 2000
Yeah, I'm not watching the show anymore. I was just curious, that's all.

Do you think that they'll rename the show at some point?
I don't think so, as the show has to follow the marvel films. Sure sheid is done for now, but who knows what will happen in the upcoming movies.

smackababy

Lifer
Oct 30, 2008
I would imagine that the next Avenger movie is going to reestablish SHIELD or perhaps a movie before it.

I think Avengers 2 is too far out though.

I am really not liking where they are going with this. The super villian isn't some super villian and Ward is flip flopping. Oh, and of course, the homeless super hack with perfect hair and make up is super special! Who would have guessed that?