Age of Empires 1 Poster

TehMac

Diamond Member
Aug 18, 2006
I am desperately seeking a website that sells this as a poster. If needs be, I will scan in the original box art and photoshop stretched pixels as much as possible, but I want this to be a poster, preferably around 51" in length :p

rivan

Diamond Member
Jul 8, 2003
Finding high res artwork for something that old might be a challenge.

I think scanning your box, then printing might be your best bet. I wouldn't rasterbate though - I'd rez up then sharpen in the image editor of your choice.

TehMac

Diamond Member
Aug 18, 2006
I'm fairly certain a collector's edition of AoE 1 was released. Can't imagine them not including a poster, although of course it'd be of something completely different and undesirable.

blinblue

Jul 7, 2006
Its a long shot, but how about emailing Ensemble Studios to see if they have a higher resolution version of it somewhere. If you can get to a real human being I wouldn't too shocked if they wanted to help with a request like that.

TehMac

Diamond Member
Aug 18, 2006
Ensemble Studios is dead. No idea who to contact. :(

Maybe MS Studios but I doubt they give a shit, and Robot Entertainment can go fuck themselves. Seriously, to Kill Orcs is a game they're making? When Rick Goodman left 10 years ago, that studio lost all its creative talent. Unbelievable.

TehMac

Diamond Member
Aug 18, 2006
I took an incredibly HD picture of the box art, and then in photoshop, stretched the picture so it's about 41" x 32"

And with the Photoshop bicubic sampling, the image has been smoothed over. Pretty damn incredible, and I am going to get it printed in september. Saved as a tiff file, it's 1.25 GB in size!

Red Storm

Lifer
Oct 2, 2005
I took an incredibly HD picture of the box art, and then in photoshop, stretched the picture so it's about 41" x 32"

And with the Photoshop bicubic sampling, the image has been smoothed over. Pretty damn incredible, and I am going to get it printed in september. Saved as a tiff file, it's 1.25 GB in size!

That's because it's AOE, there's a lot of Epic stuffed in there. ;)

Show us a screen when you get it printed!

TehMac

Diamond Member
Aug 18, 2006
the greedy capitalist in me is considering printing a bunch of these and selling on ebay. tricky part is figuring out how much demand there is for an 11 year old game poster.

Kikew

Sep 30, 2013
Hello everybody!

Sorry to revive the thread, but I was searching in google a place where to buy an Age of Empires poster, I found this, and as a new member, I cant send mps to anybody yet until have 25 messages. Can you share, please, the file? :) I am an AoE player since 1997 and I really want to have that poster in my room! :(

Thanks and a salute :)

PD : Good forum!

maniacalpha1-1

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2010
Ensemble Studios is dead. No idea who to contact. :(

Maybe MS Studios but I doubt they give a shit, and Robot Entertainment can go fuck themselves. Seriously, to Kill Orcs is a game they're making? When Rick Goodman left 10 years ago, that studio lost all its creative talent. Unbelievable.

Before I realized this was a necropost I puzzled over this post. But Orcs Must DIe turned out OK!

Geosurface

Diamond Member
Mar 22, 2012
I had a custom (and awesome) Thief: the Dark Project poster printed at posterdog.com like last year or the year before. Turned out very nice. I had to do some shenanigans to get a high res version of the box art without excessive logos and such - started with a wallpaper I think

Tweak155

Lifer
Sep 23, 2003
This was kind of an awesome thread, although short. I'm sure lots of people would like different posters like this.

TehMac

Diamond Member
Aug 18, 2006
Hello everybody!

Sorry to revive the thread, but I was searching in google a place where to buy an Age of Empires poster, I found this, and as a new member, I cant send mps to anybody yet until have 25 messages. Can you share, please, the file? :) I am an AoE player since 1997 and I really want to have that poster in my room! :(

Thanks and a salute :)

PD : Good forum!

hey bro, you and me both bro. Never give up on your dreams though.