After windows 10 what??

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

WinOutreach2

Jul 30, 2012
www.microsoft.com
Let me see if I can clear some of this up.

Windows 10 was released as a final, perpetual version of Windows. There will be no Windows 11 or any other replacement version of Windows. Instead, Windows 10 marks a major shift in the way Windows versions and updates are released. Rather than having to upgrade to a new version of Windows (like a Windows 11), new features for Windows will be regularly released as free feature updates to Windows 10. Windows 10 Version 1511 (the November update for Windows 10, Build 10586) marked the first of these major feature updates.

So if the question is whether Windows 10 (Build 10240) will be improved upon, the answer is yes. You can expect regular releases of new versions (builds) with new features, functionality, and improvements. If you want to see what’s coming in the next build, you can sign up as a Windows Insider and receive Insider Preview builds (currently on Build 11082 in the fast ring).

Brandon
Windows Outreach Team- IT Pro
Windows for IT Pros at TechNet

bruceb

Diamond Member
Aug 20, 2004
Windows 10 is not too bad. Had to add a few things to get the look more to my liking such as:
Classic Shell, Windows Tweaker, 7+Taskbar Tweaker .. One thing I do not like is it will not tell you what updates it is downloading or installing. It really should do that, Windows are somewhat bland (needs ability to customize color choices) .. For IE11 you can not put the Menu Bar on Top where a lot of people think it should be. And as mentioned some items are well hidden. For the ones I use, I put a shortcut on the desktop. Don't really like where Files get downloaded to or where / how to get to my User Data Temp file area.