After talking peacefully with some Christian tonight .. I am afraid for Obamas life BUT OVERJOYED FOR AMERICA..

dahunan

Lifer
Jan 10, 2002
Bout time the religious kooks lost power..

This barista tonight was a freak... telling me Obama is the worst thing to ever happen to america and telling me abortion is not a right etc and telling me the last 8 years were great and then while getting angry at me and telling me to just get out of the store etc because I told her she cannot tell me that I have to live by her religious beliefs.. she says.. you will never know until you know Jesus..

She also tells me that he hates Israelis and loves Palestinians.. I really felt sorry for her

**Colorado btw..

Can't wait til all the racist knuckledraggers come out in force soon..

I even told her if you tell me has anything to do with him being black I can never acknowledge your existence again... she had no comment.

Religious Zealots are really really frightening.. I stay away a lot.. but this bitch was a scary zombie

retrospooty

Platinum Member
Apr 3, 2002
Ya, they are scary, and ignorant... and there are alot of them n rural america. Stay toward the cities and you will be safe. =)

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
Tell me you were in the Springs or in Ft Collins. I remem my wife saying there was groups cheering in CSU when Mathew Sheppard was beaten and killed (the religious homophobic nuts)

Edit, she's a little worried about Obama and the nuts too. I just hope her fears are overblown

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
we just elected the closest thing we have to a black president tonight. we've come a long way since the 1960's, as has the secret service.

I'm not particularly afraid for Obama's life.

dahunan

Lifer
Jan 10, 2002
15 mins south of collins

and it was scary.. she looked possessed.. crazy bitch .. I am afraid to call her boss tomorrow and tell him.. I just won't go back.. never

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
Originally posted by: loki8481
we just elected the closest thing we have to a black president tonight. we've come a long way since the 1960's, as has the secret service.

I'm not particularly afraid for Obama's life.

I totally agree!!

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
That there's a devout Christian calling out another Christian (Obama) as a muslim loving, jewish hating baby killer. I guess Obama must not be from the same denomination huh? lol

Such hatred and loathing from a God fearing Christian, and what a good example of a person who believes in Jesus she made of herself.

I wonder how many other Christians think just like her.....

Modelworks

Lifer
Feb 22, 2007
Originally posted by: tweaker2

I wonder how many other Christians think just like her.....

Not many.
Unfortunately it only takes a few bad eggs to make anything smell foul.

Infohawk

Lifer
Jan 12, 2002
I think they need to double up on Obama's protection. I hope he plays it safe too. I want a president with good judgment for a change, not a martyr.

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
Originally posted by: Infohawk
I think they need to double up on Obama's protection. I hope he plays it safe too. I want a president with good judgment for a change, not a martyr.

Nah. Go pick up a book on presidential protection and let us know what else can be done.

miniMUNCH

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2000
Yep... as a Christian I was proud to vote for Obama. And this day I am so incredibly proud to be an American.

Abortion is protected by the Supreme Court... it is a non-issue. And while I am 100% pro-life and certainly do not condone abortions... just making them illegal is not gonna solve the issue for our society... we'll just have a lot of back-alley abortions and subsequent trips to the ER.

We need societal change, i mean wholesale change, and support for women who with child...

Anyhow... there is way too much hate in Christianity nowadays... it is so sad.

redgtxdi

Diamond Member
Jun 23, 2004
Originally posted by: blackangst1

Nah. Go pick up a book on presidential protection and let us know what else can be done.

Agreed! And I never really thought about it much, but even after thinking about somebody trying to go after him I'm thinking it'll be reeeeeally tough to do it.

seemingly random

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 2007

:laugh: On amazon?

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
Originally posted by: dahunan
This barista tonight was a freak... telling me Obama is the worst thing to ever happen to america

Obama as a person is fine, but his ideals of government over the people ARE the worst thing to happen to America. Yet he does not stand alone, every last person who voted for him shares the responsibility for the continued expansion of our government and the wrongs it commits.

I hope you liked Patriot Acts and wiretapping, otherwise you?re going to hate Obama as much as that Christian.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: Jaskalas
Originally posted by: dahunan
This barista tonight was a freak... telling me Obama is the worst thing to ever happen to america

Obama as a person is fine, but his ideals of government over the people ARE the worst thing to happen to America. Yet he does not stand alone, every last person who voted for him shares the responsibility for the continued expansion of our government and the wrongs it commits.

I hope you liked Patriot Acts and wiretapping, otherwise you?re going to hate Obama as much as that Christian.

Quoted for future posterity

SagaLore

Elite Member
Dec 18, 2001
Originally posted by: Jaskalas
Yet he does not stand alone, every last person who voted for him shares the responsibility for the continued expansion of our government and the wrongs it commits.

The military is a function of our government. I'm pretty sure we saw the most growth and wrongs under the Republican party. :p

ericlp

Diamond Member
Dec 24, 2000
noticed in his speech today he was standing behind glass.... That must tell you something.

bob4432

Lifer
Sep 6, 2003
yep, as did the families when out for some time standing still. i am not an obama supporter at all but hope it doesn't come down to that.

Skyclad1uhm1

Lifer
Aug 10, 2001

Bomb all the places with large numbers of Palin supporters? :D

twjr

Jul 5, 2006
Originally posted by: Skyclad1uhm1

Bomb all the places with large numbers of Palin supporters? :D

LOL. Too true.

jeffw2767602

Banned
Aug 22, 2007
I'm glad I am an athiest. Things are so much more simple :). That being said, there are crazies everywhere and what Christianity stands for is not what these nutjobs are claiming (referring to the woman in the OP). Christianity is about being a good person and doing the right thing, not hate. These people are crazy first, and Christians second. Indeed they give intelligent Christians a bad name and they are no better than the extremists Muslims in the middle east or the extremists in any religion.

Obama is going to be a great leader, and if you think otherwise, please attempt to pull the wool from your eyes. Today I am proud to be an American for the first time in my life.

USA USA USA !!!!!