After crying fraud, Republicans go silent when Nevada ally is charged with voting twice

himkhan

Jul 13, 2013
Days after the November 2020 election, Kirk Hartle appeared on Las Vegas television, his brow furrowed and voice tinged with disbelief.

Someone, he said, had intercepted the ballot mailed to his wife, Rosemarie, and cast it in her stead. Rosemarie Hartle died of breast cancer in 2017.

“That is pretty sickening to me, to be honest with you,” Hartle told KLAS-TV.

Last week, the state’s Democratic attorney general, working with Nevada’s Republican secretary of state, announced that investigators had cracked the case. Hartle, 55, was charged with two counts of fraud: voting more than once in the same election and voting using another person’s name. He allegedly forged his late wife’s signature to cast the ballot she’d been sent.

Hartle is due in court next month and “looks forward to responding to the allegations,” his attorney said. Both charges are felonies, each punishable by a prison term up to four years and a fine up to $5,000.

Republicans again. Always projecting their crimes. You can rest assured that EVERY Republican attack regarding voting and fraud is a confession. This is the 2nd Trump supporter to either kill their wife so they couldn't vote for Biden or use their dead wife's application to request a ballot then commit VOTE FRAUD.

Republicans are going to have to be put into time out if they can't get their shit together.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Days after the November 2020 election, Kirk Hartle appeared on Las Vegas television, his brow furrowed and voice tinged with disbelief.

Someone, he said, had intercepted the ballot mailed to his wife, Rosemarie, and cast it in her stead. Rosemarie Hartle died of breast cancer in 2017.

“That is pretty sickening to me, to be honest with you,” Hartle told KLAS-TV.

Last week, the state’s Democratic attorney general, working with Nevada’s Republican secretary of state, announced that investigators had cracked the case. Hartle, 55, was charged with two counts of fraud: voting more than once in the same election and voting using another person’s name. He allegedly forged his late wife’s signature to cast the ballot she’d been sent.

Hartle is due in court next month and “looks forward to responding to the allegations,” his attorney said. Both charges are felonies, each punishable by a prison term up to four years and a fine up to $5,000.

Republicans again. Always projecting their crimes. You can rest assured that EVERY Republican attack regarding voting and fraud is a confession. This is the 2nd Trump supporter to either kill their wife so they couldn't vote for Biden or use their dead wife's application to request a ballot then commit VOTE FRAUD.

Republicans are going to have to be put into time out if they can't get their shit together.

Yep. This reminds me of that guy who used to work for right wing media and now works for a real journalistic organization. He said people in right wing news purposefully slant their reporting because they assume that’s what liberals are doing too. They are shocked when they find out that’s not the case.

It’s the same thing here and it’s why most voter fraud cases are by Republicans. They assume democrats are committing fraud so they figure they should too. The fact that the other side actually plays it straight is so unbelievable to them that they simply can’t accept it, no matter the facts. Of course it’s also a comforting lie to believe because then they don’t have to accept that their ideas are unpopular.

allisolm

Elite Member
Administrator
Jan 2, 2001
So. After voting for his dead wife and lying to everyone about it

"“That is pretty sickening to me to be honest with you,” Kirk Hartle told the I-Team in an interview last year. “It was disbelief. It made no sense to me, but it lent some credence to what you’ve been hearing in the media about these possibilities and now it makes me wonder how pervasive is this?”

he pleads guilty and is sentenced to... not the max of 5 years but instead 0 time in jail and a $2000 fine. AND, if he is a good boy for a year, they will change his plea to guilty of a misdemeanor instead of a felony. Boy, that'll show him. :rolleyes:

• Wow
Reactions: Pohemi

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
So. After voting for his dead wife and lying to everyone about it

"“That is pretty sickening to me to be honest with you,” Kirk Hartle told the I-Team in an interview last year. “It was disbelief. It made no sense to me, but it lent some credence to what you’ve been hearing in the media about these possibilities and now it makes me wonder how pervasive is this?”

he pleads guilty and is sentenced to... not the max of 5 years but instead 0 time in jail and a $2000 fine. AND, if he is a good boy for a year, they will change his plea to guilty of a misdemeanor instead of a felony. Boy, that'll show him. :rolleyes:

Yet another instance where a white dude gets a slap on the wrist for intentionally violating the law, while someone else mistakenly violates the law and gets a much harsher sentence

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Yet another instance where a white dude gets a slap on the wrist for intentionally violating the law, while someone else mistakenly violates the law and gets a much harsher sentence
You expect white people to suffer the same consequences as black people for the same crime? In this country?

BTW - Isn't this what I've been saying in this forum for 10 years and some still say it isn't true.

Rights are for white people. Consequences are for people of color. I will keep bumping this thread when people deny unequal treatment under the law.

sactoking

Diamond Member
Sep 24, 2007
If you look more into the Nevada thing you'll find that your racial comparison is inappropriate. First off, two different jurisdictions, Nevada and Texas. Second, the Nevada Attorney General in charge of the prosecution is a Black Democrat. I don't think race played into his decision on the plea deal.

uclaLabrat

Diamond Member
Aug 2, 2007
If you look more into the Nevada thing you'll find that your racial comparison is inappropriate. First off, two different jurisdictions, Nevada and Texas. Second, the Nevada Attorney General in charge of the prosecution is a Black Democrat. I don't think race played into his decision on the plea deal.
I agree with you, but that doesn't satisfy his argument; it's not enough to say that this white guy wasn't given a lighter sentence by the black dem DA. The black lady clearly got a harsher sentence, which fits his premise.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
So no chance race played into the decision to throw the book at Crystal Mason?

Tell you what, show me just one example in the CJS where a black person got a lesser sentence the a white person for the same crime. I'll be waiting. We already know black people get longer sentences for pot possession then whites.

Reactions: Lezunto

Sunburn74

Diamond Member
Oct 5, 2009
You are arguing the exact point he's trying to make. A black prosecutor would not have sent her to prison for 5 years, particularly in light of white is individuals all over getting off with fines and probation essentially.

It's absolutely ludicrous that's all he got was a fine. Nothing short of jail time would be just.

Lezunto

Golden Member
Oct 24, 2020
You expect white people to suffer the same consequences as black people for the same crime? In this country?

BTW - Isn't this what I've been saying in this forum for 10 years and some still say it isn't true.

Rights are for white people. Consequences are for people of color. I will keep bumping this thread when people deny unequal treatment under the law.

I've always said the same thing. It is sickening and never ending. This is why it's so crucial to keep your camera phones at the ready.

Even if you cannot save the life, freedom or health of an innocent or someone treated unjustly, the footage could be used to bring about a fair a necessary justice.

gothuevos

Golden Member
Jul 28, 2010
I've always said the same thing. It is sickening and never ending. This is why it's so crucial to keep your camera phones at the ready.

Even if you cannot save the life, freedom or health of an innocent or someone treated unjustly, the footage could be used to bring about a fair a necessary justice.

Unless someone thinks you're pulling out a weapon, claims self defense, and kills you first.

Reactions: Lezunto

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000

You are implying that racial bias only applies to white people and that would be incorrect. Bias is inherent in the system no matter who is administering it.

If people actually understood and learned about CRT they would see this as a perfect example of what CRT is all about.

Reactions: iRONic and Pohemi

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Yep. This reminds me of that guy who used to work for right wing media and now works for a real journalistic organization. He said people in right wing news purposefully slant their reporting because they assume that’s what liberals are doing too. They are shocked when they find out that’s not the case.

It’s the same thing here and it’s why most voter fraud cases are by Republicans. They assume democrats are committing fraud so they figure they should too. The fact that the other side actually plays it straight is so unbelievable to them that they simply can’t accept it, no matter the facts. Of course it’s also a comforting lie to believe because then they don’t have to accept that their ideas are unpopular.
Children who wereraised to behave and conform to moral standards by being subjected to the horrors of being seen as needing evil beaten out of them will project that inner dread of evil onto others who don’t sell to hold the same fears. People who hate and have their inner self at high levels of repression fear others may explode releasing similar monsters. This is what mental illness is. It is the belief that evil is out there looking to corrupt the good to avoid the realization the corruption is wither denial it is within.

dawp

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
why am I not surprised the right wing media that pushed this story is now quite after his plea.

Reactions: hal2kilo

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
I'd bet that there was voter fraud but not in 2020, more likely in 2016. But no one ever looked into THAT, now did they? And so, all these years Hillary could claim that she was the true president, the real president, the legitimate president. And you know what? Probably true.