Afghan President Karzai escapes Assasination Attempt

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

justint

Banned
Dec 6, 1999
Originally posted by: Red Dawn
Red Dawn,

I take exception to your charachterization of any people as subhuman or animals whether or not it is from frustration or whatever. That sort of attitude has led to some of the worst periods in world history such as a little thing called the Holocaust and I would hope that such statements would be unworthy of an American in this day and age. That is my own personal and moral belief and I apologize if my original post offended you. Saying that you had issues was totally inappropriate as I was zeroing in on the subhuman statement and responding without thinking.

Justin
You can take exception all you want, we live in a civilized society where your words won't get you assasinated like they would in the country of Afghanstan which is populated by sub human bastards.

I love it when Bleeding Hearts start sniveling over an off the cuff remark. Well at least here they have a platform. Elsewhere they'd be totally ignored.

Dumbguy
We can only wonder why idiots such as Red Dawn are moderators at Anandtech...
OK you are banned... Damn, my special moderator powers don't seem to be working.

I would never dream of assasinating you for your words Red Dawn. I do find it hard to reconcile how on the one hand you talk of our "civilized society" and on the other you classify a whole racial/ethnic/religous group as sub human. I would argue that to be a member of a "civilized" society implies renoucing views such as that. You say it was an off the cuff remark which I can perhaps in some way understand as a viseceral response to a difficult and almost incomprehnsible to the American observer situation in Afghanistan, but then you in your last post again classify the Afghans as sub human. If you have not had the chance please visit the United States Holocaust museum in Washington or speak to a Holocaust survivor and I think it will bring to you an appreciation of just how dangerous that attitude is.

Respectfully,
Justin